doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Colonial Syracuse SxS - 02/22/21 10:27 PM
On a whim I picked up a SAC 12ga (Triplet steel) junker with good barrels -- cheap..
Serial is 314XX, so maybe fairly late in the production line.
Missing most internals except triggers and locking mechanism.
So, I am looking for pictures of the internals (which I will intend/have to make)
Shipping parts to Canada not realistic.
Any help would be appreciated.

I know, dumb....
Posted By: topgun Re: Syracuse SxS - 02/22/21 10:49 PM
Congratulations sir! Based on your serial number this gun is a Grade OO gun ($29 retail) and would have been manufactured in 1902 making it what I refer to as a "Second Model" (2nd model guns have a serial number range from approximately 245XX - 335XX). I've never seen a schematic and have no idea if they are available, but if you'll email me directly I post the parts page from the 1902 catalog so that you can see what you have and what may be missing. The lock mechanism is very simple and consists of the left and right side hammer/firing pin/cocking rod unit, two hammer springs, two sears, two sear springs, and the two pins holding them in place. There's also a plate beneath the trigger plate that holds the hammer springs in place, but usually those plates aren't missing. The catalog refers to old and new model parts, so remember yours would be the "new" model. As FYI, there are a few internal parts listed on eBay, if eBay purchases are permissible; but the cocking rods on the hammers there are broken. Good luck with your project.
Posted By: Colonial Re: Syracuse SxS - 02/22/21 11:43 PM
Thanks!
PM sent
Posted By: skeettx Re: Syracuse SxS - 02/23/21 12:12 AM
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/syracuse-arms/double-barrel

Look at cut away picture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syracuse_Arms_Company
Posted By: Colonial Re: Syracuse SxS - 02/23/21 03:51 PM
Topgun sent great info, so now to work!
Did a tiny bit of cleaning, no fatals found yet.
Thanks to all.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com