doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Boss guns, Boss actions - 03/21/21 05:01 PM
As an owner of one, a 1929 Boss I was sort of taken of guard that there are two different styles of actions. One more like the Purdey shaped action and one more sculptured type action. Can anyone shed light on this? I suppose I believed that all would be the same by the Maker.
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Boss guns, Boss actions - 03/21/21 05:06 PM
Only seen round actions and square bar actions ,is that what you refer to?
Posted By: bushveld Re: Boss guns, Boss actions - 03/21/21 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by PALUNC
As an owner of one, a 1929 Boss I was sort of taken of guard that there are two different styles of actions. One more like the Purdey shaped action and one more sculptured type action. Can anyone shed light on this? I suppose I believed that all would be the same by the Maker.

Mike;
Please be so kind further elaborate on the styles of the Boss actions that you are referencing (maybe listing in your reply pages of the Boss book by Donald Dallas as examples) as I also have only seen the London pattern bar action Boss SLE and the Boss-- John Robertson originated round body SLE actions.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell
Posted By: eightbore Re: Boss guns, Boss actions - 03/23/21 01:42 PM
Purdey also makes both types (shapes) of action in hammerless guns. I know they also make both shapes in late bar in iron hammer guns, but I have only seen one. Are they very uncommon in the round configuration?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com