doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Peter Mikalajunas - 03/28/21 08:26 PM
I just got a call from Pete's wife, Cicely, that Pete died this day. He was on this website as Pete M, and was a super wonderful researcher. The last few years he'd been afflicted with various physical things, and his time on the net slowed. I'll miss him and his strong voice about what he thought. Daryl
Posted By: canvasback Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/28/21 08:50 PM
That is sad news. Really enjoyed my conversations with Pete. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/28/21 09:52 PM
Ah, I hate to hear that but many, many thanks for being the bearer of bad news. I am glad that I did phone him in recent months.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/28/21 10:03 PM
I hate to hear this. I didn’t know Pete other than through his discussions here, but I liked his posts and the tone of them. He’ll be missed. Mar he rest in peace.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 10:29 AM
We will miss Pete. He had survived bladder cancer years go and I recall him comparing his illness to that of another friend who had undergone bladder cancer and then pancreatic cancer.

RIP, PeteM

Thanks for posting, Daryl.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 11:49 AM
Read many of his posts and thoroughly enjoyed them and walked away with something new each time. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear. RIP.
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 01:29 PM
Sad. He was one of the “og’s” on this board. I’ll miss his post as well.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear of his passing.

He held a considerable amount of material on AJ Aubrey shotguns.

Another light goes out.
Posted By: keith Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 03:15 PM
This is sad to hear. I was hopeful when PeteM last posted in 2018 that he might be getting better, and return to posting on a regular basis. I only knew him from his posts and a few PM exchanges, but will miss him. He was very knowledgeable in many aspects of double guns. And there was nobody alive who knew as much as he did about Damascus barrels. What always impressed me is that his Damascus knowledge was earned the hard way, with intense dedication and boots on the ground. I recall his saying that was his motivation to learn to read French, since so much of the history of Damascus barrel making is in French. Who else would travel to Belgium and other parts of Europe to search for the Damascus Barrel Holy Grail?

I just checked his damascus-barrels.com website and was dismayed to see the message that "This Domain Has Expired" It would be doubly tragic to not only lose PeteM, but to also lose the vast knowledge of Damascus barrels that he worked so hard to acquire. I wish there was some way to permanently archive that information here as a tribute to him.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 03:16 PM
This is sad news,
RIP, Pete M.
Mike
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 03:19 PM
I am sorry to hear of his his passing...Geo
Posted By: Gunwolf Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 04:22 PM
Very bad news - I learned a lot from his knowledge, R.I.P.

Wolfgang
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 04:43 PM
Deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Regret another knowledgeable voice stilled.

Tim
Posted By: Goillini Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 03/29/21 05:18 PM
RIP PeteM. You will be missed.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Peter Mikalajunas - 04/02/21 12:13 PM
Visitations
Peter Mikalajunas
Wednesday April 7th
3:00 - 8:00 pm
Conboy’s Funeral Home
10501 Cermak Rd
Westchester IL 60154
708-562-8569

The Funeral Services for Peter Mikalajunas, will be held on Thursday, April 8th at Our Lady of Sorrows Basilica, 3121 W. Jackson, Chicago, IL 60612
The Wake Service will be from 10:00-11:00 AM
The Funeral Mass will begin at 11:00 AM

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com