doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Craig Larter WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/09/21 10:22 PM
Guys I am wanting to buy a original condition hammerless LC Smith 8 gauge, LMK if your a willing seller. Contact me at superfoxcollector@gmail.com Craig Larter
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/10/21 12:15 AM
I handled a Parker 8 ga. this afternoon. It was a first for me. Massive gun, but well proportioned. I have no desire for one, but will advise you if I see a LCS for sale, Craig.

Best of luck, Stan
Posted By: SKB Re: WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/10/21 12:48 AM
I just had a Westley 8 bore SxS and a Westly 4 bore single in the shop.....HUGE guns. Really, really cool stuff.
Posted By: tanky Re: WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/10/21 01:50 AM
My buddy has 2 of them, one graded. The other I installed a front bead on. He also had a Parker, Lefever and a Brit hammer gun in 8ga. Sadly he was killed in an accident this past January. They are in his estate and I don't know what the family is going to do with them. I may be able to find out in July though so I will keep you in mind.
Posted By: bsteele Re: WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/10/21 03:29 AM
I’ve heard there’s an 8ga Smith at the Tulsa show, but I haven’t seen it. Yet.
Posted By: topgun Re: WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/10/21 12:16 PM
Craig
I'd heard that Mike Harris is planning to sell his Grade 2 LC eight-bore; have you contacted Mike per chance? Also, Jim Stahl might be a good source to contact. Jim owns 2 or 3 himself, but keeps a detailed record of all the known LC 8-bores and may be able to provide a lead. Good hunting!
Tom
Posted By: Craig Larter Re: WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/10/21 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips. Craig
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: WTB LCS 8 gauge - 04/10/21 02:56 PM
I think it was in the second year of Doublegun that I wrote an article on my friend's DH eight bore STEEL barreled Parker. I still remember the weight and size of this massive gun. We hid a 410 Parker under it and nothing showed!

bill
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com