doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bushveld Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 04/17/21 02:41 PM
This outstanding double rifle is "hidden" in the obsolete rifle section of the current Holt's auction on line catalogue. I believe that it will likely be bought at a bargain price and hopefully someone here in America will be the lucky person to own it and pass it on to his son or daughter. If it's barrels could only talk.

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.c...+++797+&refno=++162430&saletype=
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 04/17/21 04:36 PM
It really is a nice one
Posted By: SKB Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 04/17/21 04:42 PM
I see it sold just over a year ago for 8,000£

Cute as can be that one.
Posted By: Mike Rowe Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 04/19/21 01:53 AM
Pretty tidy, for a bloody old Purdey.
Posted By: ivanhoe Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 06/18/21 04:01 PM
In my trawl through 50 years of back catalogues, from the Big 4 London auction houses, to the trade auctions, and small regional auctions, I come across many great double rifles.....for instance, back in May and July catalogues for Weller & Dufty, there are some supreme examples by Purdey, Henry, Boss, Grant etc etc. Sadly, many lots are not photographed, and those that are, are black & white. The catalogue descriptions are very good, as the cataloger was Doug Nye, for my money the best in the business at the time.
Posted By: Hal Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 06/18/21 05:48 PM
So it is 100 .36 inch diameter round lead balls to the pound?
Posted By: bavarianbrit Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 06/20/21 04:23 PM
Interestingly as it is on the obsolete ammunition list of the UK government any person in the UK can own it without needing any permissions or a paper trail. If ever later they obtained ammo for it then it has to be licensed but if exported then not. Here in Germany it would have to be on my papers.
Posted By: bushveld Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 06/22/21 01:10 AM
SOLD for £ 11,000.00
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Magnificent Double Rifle at Holt's - 06/23/21 02:04 PM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/897766928

I'd rather have this than a double rifle.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com