doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SKB anyone bidding at Gavin's? - 04/21/21 12:48 PM
I picked up a project rifle for a good price as did a client who grabbed that nice little Rigby on the Webley 02 action. I will restore that one for him similar to the last one I did for him. I picked up a mannlicher 03 with a bad barrel for very reasonable. The auction is still going and I have several more bids in on small items.

How did you do?
Posted By: KY Jon Re: anyone bidding at Gavin's? - 04/21/21 01:21 PM
My usual 0/3 outcome on guns but did score a few non gun items. Could have bought a couple interesting “wall hangers” but Holts auction is right around the corner and has several gun that I’d rather buy. I saw the Rigby and liked it too. I think he will be happy in the end.
Posted By: SKB Re: anyone bidding at Gavin's? - 04/21/21 01:25 PM
I lost out on all my small items bids and several were well above estimate....ten turns screws hammered for 750 gbp, ouch!

The Rigby will be a nice project, it is all there, I will just need Krieger to match the existing barrel profile and I can move all the hardware over to the new barrel. It should be a lovely gun when returned to 400/350.
Posted By: battle Re: anyone bidding at Gavin's? - 04/21/21 05:00 PM
I picked up 4.
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: anyone bidding at Gavin's? - 04/21/21 08:28 PM
I bid on the same Rigby as SKB but didn't wish to go that high.
Posted By: SKB Re: anyone bidding at Gavin's? - 04/22/21 02:54 PM
Well I not get the beater mannlicher I had thought I had won but the Rigby is secured. Pretty happy with the hammer price on that one really. It will require a fairly major restoration but will be well worth it.
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: anyone bidding at Gavin's? - 04/23/21 11:29 AM
No bids this time although I was tempted by the 16 bore hammer Boswell. The barrels were .022 .024 and that kept me on the sidelines. I noticed that it didn’t sell.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com