doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: KY Jon Barrel race. - 04/23/21 02:14 PM
I bought two orphan barrels recently. One traveled from eastern PA to my house, 558 miles by road. Second one traveled from central Texas to my house, 1223 miles by road. First one took 17 days and traveled 1211 miles by USPS system to get here. Second one took nine days and traveled 1348 miles to get here. From this I now understand I am far better off buying stuff twice the distance from me as it will get here in half the time. USPS is one very messed up system with very limited tracking on many items and delivery time which can be measured in weeks, instead of days. In both cases the estimated shipment time was five days. And I have had nearly the same results with UPS and Fedex. So it is hurry up and ship, then wait, wait, wait.
Posted By: 375whelenIMP Re: Barrle race. - 04/23/21 02:21 PM
The distance does not much matter, all of the delays I see occur from over-capacity sorting hubs. The PA Lancaster hub has been notably bad.
Posted By: 1straightshot Re: Barrle race. - 04/23/21 03:53 PM
I guess no one told you how overwhelmed the shipping companies are. Due to Covid everything is being shipped. Cloths , food, household supplies etc.. Please order your toilet paper with that in mind..
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Barrle race. - 04/23/21 07:07 PM
I had stock shipped from Missouri and it took six days priority mail. Bobby
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Barrle race. - 04/23/21 07:07 PM
I sent some barrels to be repaired USPS 3 day delivery. It took 8 days to leave my city a another two weeks to be delivered.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Barrle race. - 04/23/21 07:09 PM
Covid is the excuse for everything. A year before Covid USPS took almost two months to deliver an express overnight package to me. USPS did not need Covid to be slow. UPS and FedEx both have issues as well.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Barrle race. - 04/23/21 07:43 PM
I had a shotgun shipped priority mail that took ten days to travel from KY to southeastern PA. No credit for the failure to meet the "2 to 3 day delivery" standard, either.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Barrle race. - 04/24/21 01:00 AM
I ordered a case of bismuth shells from BOSS on a Friday morning, about 9 o'clock. They were on my front porch Sunday afternoon. That's a little over two days from MI to GA. FedEx delivered.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Barrle race. - 04/24/21 01:39 AM
Boss are nice shells. They also give great service. They wont be your last order of them.
Posted By: ed good Re: Barrle race. - 04/27/21 01:27 AM
recently shipped shotgun from nh to nj via priority mail...it took three days...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com