doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SKB Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 04:07 PM
Did anybody win anything? Nothing has showed up on my account yet but they may not be finished with invoicing this sale.
Posted By: Chad Linder Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 06:05 PM
I'm still waiting also
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 06:09 PM
Either I’m waiting or went 0/11. Last sealed bid suction I won three, so by average alone I should win a couple but who knows. Seems I tied on three bids last time but was later date of submission so lost. I wish the auction was not so close to the regular action. They seem too busy to answer any inquiries. Still trying to setup shipping on last win.
Posted By: Chad Linder Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 06:16 PM
This is my first time bidding with them, how do they typically notify winning bids, and do they notify of losing bids?
Posted By: Parabola Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 06:34 PM
Prices realised now online.

If you have won you get an emailed invoice. If you have not succeeded you don’t.
Posted By: Chad Linder Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 07:09 PM
By comparing the realised results from the guns I bid on, it appears I won a few
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 07:58 PM
0/11. Hard to be too upset which you are basically bidding blind based on a thirty word description and a single picture. Hope others did better. Most of my bids were not within 20% of the final bid. Either others who got to see the guns saw value or others just bid more on the hope of a find.
Posted By: SKB Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/01/21 09:02 PM
I won one stock, action, fore end and a take-down rifle case. At least my bill will be small.
Posted By: LGF Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 12:53 AM
After hours spent trying to log in, I sent them an email with a bid, which was accepted. That lot sold for my price but I have not received an invoice.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 01:19 AM
LGF, if there are two bid for the same amount the first one placed will win. Hope yours was the high bid or only bid. I have been tied several times and was first only once. That’s how it goes. Good luck.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 02:16 AM
Curious how to see the sales price for the various lots. Do you have to log in to see them? I can't access on the normal website.
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 02:55 AM
I don’t see the realized bid winners on the site? Just the auction from before.
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 02:59 AM
I wound up winning my 30-06 bolt action rifle in the main auction at my max bid. I was on pins and needles for 3 days until the invoice arrived. If you bid the high bid you never know until the invoice arrives.
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 03:07 AM
Found it.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 03:31 AM
Could you please post a link? Thanks.
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 03:32 AM
https://www.holtsauctioneers.com/admin/S0721_PRICES.pdf
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 03:54 AM
Thanks. interesting. I'll keep this link.
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 04:01 AM
It appears i won several and lost several. About what I expected.
Posted By: LGF Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 04:50 AM
Jon, mine was an under-the-wire, last minute bid because I had login problems. I finally emailed a bid the night before, but any other bid would have been earlier.
Posted By: SKB Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 09:05 AM
Just got my invoice.
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 01:43 PM
I didn't win the El Chimbo frown
Posted By: SKB Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/02/21 04:30 PM
And a new policy from Holt's "If you or your clients do not specify that you would like someone else to ship, then Holt’s pass your invoice to their own shipping department for export"
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/03/21 01:02 AM
I still haven't received my invoice.
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/03/21 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by SKB
And a new policy from Holt's "If you or your clients do not specify that you would like someone else to ship, then Holt’s pass your invoice to their own shipping department for export"

Steve how and when are you suppose to let them know? When invoice is paid?
Posted By: SKB Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/03/21 09:44 AM
Yes, when you pay the invoice let them know who will collect for you.
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/03/21 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by SKB
Yes, when you pay the invoice let them know who will collect for you.

Thanks!
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/06/21 05:22 PM
Still haven’t received my invoice.
Posted By: SKB Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/06/21 05:24 PM
Hmmmm, are you sure you won? Do they show up under your auction purchases tab when you log into your account?
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/06/21 07:03 PM
I think they are short staffed right now. Still trying to finish up the regular sale transactions now several hundred new ones to complete. Bet it is a bit of a mad house right now. But in the end they will get it right because I have noticed they really, really like to get paid. Works for me
Posted By: battle Re: Holt's sealed bid? - 07/06/21 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by SKB
Hmmmm, are you sure you won? Do they show up under your auction purchases tab when you log into your account?

Yes they are listed on my account.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com