doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Gr8day Lefever question - 08/01/21 09:57 PM
Is the serial number stamped on the stock anywhere? We’re talking a LAC 30K S/N gun. Thanks.
Posted By: keith Re: Lefever question - 08/02/21 06:28 AM
Yes it is.
Posted By: fullandfuller Re: Lefever question - 08/02/21 11:46 AM
I guess Keith answered your question? On my 25 k F grade it's under the pistol grip cap.
Posted By: RichardBrewster Re: Lefever question - 08/02/21 01:04 PM
Not always, but I have also seen it many times under the grip cap on pistol grip Lefever's.
Posted By: Gr8day Re: Lefever question - 08/02/21 03:05 PM
I found it under the grip cap. Thanks.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Lefever question - 08/16/21 11:29 AM
I handled a higher grade Lefever the other day that would literally knock your eyes out...

Had the most beautiful marbled caked black and blonde Walnut I have ever saw on a gun....the engraving was American classic just right not to pompous like some guns just right.

If I ever go back to the guys house I'll snap a few pictures of it.

It's the only high grade Lefever I've ever held in my hands....I still have La'fever.

(I've owned/shot and hunted with high grade English guns a Purdey, Premier Grade Scott and quite a few more and none ever made me feel like I had been touched by a gun making God).

Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Lefever question - 08/16/21 11:34 AM
To my eyes, A stunning piece of wood is the most appealing gesture of a fine shotgun.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Lefever question - 08/16/21 11:37 AM
Wood can only get you so far....it takes just the right engraving to set it off.

A plain gun with killer wood looks like the guy ran out of money building the house....

Like a long legged flat chested women...

There's a flip side too.

Same guy had a really nice Polish hammer gun with gold work and deep German engraving....it was a spectacular gun I would guess one of the highest graded guns out of Poland.

It had really nice wood but the engraving kept you from seeing the forest for the trees....

Reminded me of the artist that didn't know when to make his last brush stroke.

The Lefever had balance.

After the experience it was even more evident that Ithaca Gun Company was a total disgrace to the Lefever name.
Posted By: Gr8day Re: Lefever question - 08/16/21 06:06 PM
The Ithaca Lefever is the all time winner for dragging down a good name. A close runnerup is the Fox Model B, especially during the tree trunk forend period. I'm not being snooty because I actually like the Nitro Special for what it is. The Model B not so much.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com