doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: tigertrout help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/07/21 01:48 PM
can anyone help me find a W & C Scott trade label. I am rebuilding the case and am in need of a trade label.
either a place to buy one or a high resolution picture that I can make a digital print from. I have looked extensively on the WWW. but no luck so far.
The gun is 1887 vintage and has the Castle address London on the barrel. I would even take a generic Birmingham label Leatherette if need be.

thx in advance for your help.
There is a chance that your gun was sold by Wm. Read of Boston. They were major players in the Scott market at the time. Their labels often list the Scotts as one of their products. I have seen several cases with the Wm. Read labels on cases for Scotts, Lefevers, Schaefer, and others.
Posted By: skeettx Re: help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/07/21 03:05 PM
I think this is the label style you need?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wc-scott-sons-leather-gun-case-206094192

Below copy and paste entire link for some other labels

https://www.google.com/search?q=W.+C.+Scott+trade+label&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=AOaemvIn97r0hGtB05N4lxasD4BhpfiTdg:1631027127393&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=50EfToKhaO4TQM%252CQx1hva2IaUHnaM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTiKD6f-XO4xtA3AJ6VE-NXXdOAbg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwix1a_Eke3yAhWVk2oFHWqsDiQQ9QF6BAgHEAE#imgrc=50EfToKhaO4TQM
Posted By: tigertrout Re: help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/07/21 06:44 PM
Thx fellas

skeettx the first one from castle st is the one I am looking for. Does anyone know where there may be a complete image so I can create a file.....?
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/07/21 08:22 PM
Galazan has an enormous number of trade labels including three different W & C Scott labels, none of which have the Castle St. address.
Regards
Posted By: tigertrout Re: help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/07/21 11:22 PM
thx Tim

I only saw 1 w and c scott label on galazans website ......?
Posted By: susjwp Re: help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/08/21 11:42 AM
Have you tired Dyson’s web site? Henry Krank? Dixie? Kirby Hoyt may have one. He collects old TLs.
Posted By: tigertrout Re: help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/08/21 01:58 PM
yes

have tried all of the above............
Posted By: skeettx Re: help with W & C Scott trade label - 09/08/21 02:53 PM
PM sent

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com