doublegunshop.com - home
Good morning ladies and gents! I just bought a William Cashmore, and have been digging through the back pages of this forum digging up info on serial number dates. I hear Nigel Brown's book Volume 3 has some serial number info on Cashmores- if anyone has a copy of the book ($700+ right now!), does it have any dates for guns in the 20,300 range? My gun has 2 sets of barrels, and I'm not positive which was the original... they have different addresses, but both are in the 1925-1954 Birmingham proof rules. Both have been reproved, so there is a mishmash of stamps, some on top of each other, and the only date code I can find on either is for 1989 (reproof).

I hear rumors of a book on Cashmore having been published, but Google is surprisingly unhelpful. If anyone has the title of said book, I'd be interested to buy a copy.
William Cashmore
c.1940 - 1954 guns were numbered from 20,338.
Nigel Brown's information in his book issue 3 is very sparse , you may find out more by contacting Internet Gun Club
Originally Posted by Salopian
William Cashmore
c.1940 - 1954 guns were numbered from 20,338.
Nigel Brown's information in his book issue 3 is very sparse , you may find out more by contacting Internet Gun Club

That's very interesting as mine is #20,338! Was that number in Nigel's book? It's very neat that specific number came up!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com