doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: tigertrout Parker hale farquharson - 09/22/21 10:24 PM
Does any body have any experience with a parker hale farquharson.
Looking for information.

Did parker hale make a farquharson action. ? Did they use one from another maker?
What year would they have produced such a thing? Is it a rare piece???

And any other info that can be passed on.

Thx in advance.
Posted By: SKB Re: Parker hale farquharson - 09/22/21 10:38 PM
Not that I ever heard of. Could it possibly be a Parker Hale barrel on another maker's action? Post some pictures, I do quite a bit of British single shot work.
Steve
Posted By: tigertrout Re: Parker hale farquharson - 09/22/21 11:23 PM
Thx Steve

It can be viewed on my website

https://oldguns.ca/page-1

Bottom of page 1.

Barrel is marked p and h but I believe the receiver is void of any markings. I m at my cottage right now and am viewing everything on a 2 x3 inch screen.

It belongs to a friend of mine and we are just trying to figure out what we have.
Posted By: SKB Re: Parker hale farquharson - 09/22/21 11:42 PM
Looks to be a typical PD(public Domain) action proofed in Birmingham, the action likely came from the Belgian trade. Nice gun, may or may not have been retailed by PH originally.
Posted By: tigertrout Re: Parker hale farquharson - 09/22/21 11:57 PM
Thx Steve

Would there be any markings on-the receiver to confirm a country of origin or maker?
Posted By: SKB Re: Parker hale farquharson - 09/23/21 12:01 AM
the front of the action may or may not be marked PD. Almost all of them built after the Gibbs patent expired were made on on Belgian actions, batches of them were brought into Birmingham in the white and sold off to who ever wanted to build them up. My Holland .30 Super is built on such and action.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8DYQDAnl.jpg1[/img]
Posted By: tigertrout Re: Parker hale farquharson - 09/23/21 01:18 AM
Gd thx very much. Will look into it.
Posted By: AlanD Re: Parker hale farquharson - 09/23/21 09:31 AM
The .303 Mk VII cartridge was introduced in 1910 so the barrel at least will date post that.

Regards

AlanD
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com