doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: FallCreekFan Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/21/21 09:50 PM
Anyone know if a Vol III is “in the works”?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/22/21 12:36 AM
In theory it’s been in the works for 5 plus years.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/22/21 06:52 PM
I think we can consider it a dead issue. At this point, it would be a monumental task.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/22/21 07:09 PM
What I have done is screen shot the pages of indexes that they print in the magazines and store them on my computer. Its not quite as convenient as the indexes Cote produced but it gets the job done. Relatively easy to just scan the indexes to find what I'm looking for. The biggest downside is the name of the article as it is printed in the magazine index isn't always descriptive of what the article is actually about.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/22/21 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by canvasback
What I ahve done is screen shot the pages of indexes that they print in the magazines and store them on my computer. Its not quite as convenient as the indexes Cote produced but it gets the job done. Relatively easy to just scan the indexes to find what I'm looking for. The biggest downside is the name of the article as it is printed in the magazine index isn't always descriptive of what the article is actually about.

I agree, but the author's name usually gives you a pretty good clue as to what the article is about. ie Tom Kidd = Fox guns etc....
Posted By: Researcher Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/23/21 02:36 AM
We have an index to all the Fox articles in the Member's Forum on the A.H. Fox Collectors Association, Inc. web site.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/26/21 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by eightbore
I think we can consider it a dead issue. At this point, it would be a monumental task.

Bill - Daniel is currently advertising for "help wanted' for data input entry. This could very well be for the VOL III project.... but I do NOT have inside information on that. Just a guess.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/26/21 11:50 PM
I once volunteered to participate in such a project, but got no response. It's something that can be done at home by someone who has a full set of DGJ at hand. A lot easier than sitting in front of a computer screen, I think.
Posted By: Mills Re: Vol III DGJ Index and Reader - 11/27/21 12:48 PM
More like 10 years. Yes, I would be happy to volunteer if it would help make it a reality
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com