doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: arrieta2 Where is George Lander - 11/24/21 09:14 PM
Where is George Lander. A friend and I were speaking recently and remember him posting here from time to time about guns he was selling. He was also in the real estate business .

Just wondering

John Boyd
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Where is George Lander - 11/25/21 12:28 AM
George was grieving heavily over the loss of his daughter, as I recall. I've not heard from him in months. He hasn't been online here for over two years.

I hope he is still among us, and wish him well.
Posted By: mc Re: Where is George Lander - 11/25/21 03:28 AM
He had a bunch of guns for sale a while back
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Where is George Lander - 11/25/21 12:04 PM
I was under the impression that because he had not sold very many he listed them at Charlton Hall, an auction house in Columbia, SC.

I met George at a Fall Classic S X S shoot at Rick Hemingway's. Quite a gentleman. The most significant thing I recall about George is that, it was he that broke the news to the world via internet that Bo Whoop had been found, and the broken buttstock had been replaced, the re-stocking having been done by Jim Kelly of Darlington. Poor George was "crucified" over that announcement. Turns out there were far more people who had a greater interest in the story of it's loss, and the aura surrounding that, than in it's being found. Two years later I spent an afternoon with the gun in Savannah before it was sent to Julia's Auction. The rest is history.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Where is George Lander - 11/26/21 03:46 PM
George apparently took a liking to me, knew I was a Parker-Fox collector and amateur historian, sent me a bunch of information about the rediscovery of Bo-Whoop before Bo-Whoop was outed, including serial number and other information. I believe we met at the Fall Classic also. Yup, where is he and is he OK?
Posted By: Mills Re: Where is George Lander - 11/27/21 01:12 PM
The Bo Whoop rediscovery took on a life of its own. Lots of people thought it was a fake or a hoax. The big question is how much did the owners know.

How is George doing. He used to have good information and posts
Posted By: eightbore Re: Where is George Lander - 11/27/21 02:18 PM
Mills, George contacted me after a few or more supposed shotgun gurus claimed that the Bo Whoop outing was a hoax. I guess I was supposed to be the person who vetted his claims. He gave me so much information that I was convinced, and renewed my friendship with George. It took months for some of the internet gurus to be similarly convinced.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Where is George Lander - 11/27/21 03:41 PM
Some of the diehards may not be convinced yet. I took it apart, measured bores and chokes, and compared everything to data. Patina looked perfect. I was convinced, but my opinion meant/means nothing. But, when Austin Hogan gave it the thumbs up it convinced a lot of people.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com