doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bruce Bernacki Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/29/21 11:35 PM
Something to add to your single shot break-open shotguns.

Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 01:27 AM
Interesting video, but I believe I'll leave my Iver Johnson Special Trap as is.

Thanks Bruce.
Posted By: Bruce Bernacki Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 01:34 AM
I admire the guy's inventiveness, but it is a pretty complicated mouse trap. The term "elegant solution" does not apply here.

Bruce
Posted By: mc Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 01:36 AM
That is so much cooler than a iver johnson any iver johnson
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 01:45 AM
I just gave away one of those shotguns in 410/22. Just when I thought I was done collecting ya go and post this. Well now I am on the hunt
Posted By: Researcher Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 02:15 AM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 02:28 AM
Thank you!
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 02:39 AM
Found another video with an Alofs reloading magazine
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Researcher
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

An A5 sure seems more ingenious then this system, to me.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 05:12 PM
Posted By: Brian Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/30/21 10:43 PM
R. Goldberg Mfg Co?
Posted By: Bruce Bernacki Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/31/21 01:40 AM
I guess necessity was the Mother of invention, but I think one could do just as well with a speedfeed stock or a sidesaddle. But I was also led to a video on the Cosmi after viewing the original video, which I think is a pretty interesting shotgun. Not $17K interesting, but interesting nonetheless.

Bruce
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/31/21 02:32 AM
If a man I once knew could have shown the inventor how fast he could shoot/reload/shoot a single barrel 12 ga. that thing would never have been built. We drove deer with dogs in the swamps when I was a young man and there was an old guy who only wore bib overalls (not camo) and shot a single shot. He held two or three loads of buckshot between the fingers of his left hand when he shot at deer. He could eject an empty, reload and shoot again faster than you could imagine. When hearing the reports lots of people thought he was shooting a pump.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Interesting Shotgun Mod - 12/31/21 06:39 AM
As a small boy I used a Winchester 37A 12 ga.. With it I would have the second shell in my left hand. I could open and reload it, cock the hammer, mount it for the second shot faster than my brother could pump his gun. Spent a lot of time practicing to get fast so I am sure your friend was able to shoot faster than most people could. I gave it up when I was given a Winchester Model 12, 28 ga. for my Christmas present when I was 12. Best Christmas present I ever got.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com