doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Hal jpegbox - 03/13/22 06:11 PM
Are they closed on Sundays? Had four images of a T. Barker, but they would not upload this morning.
Anyone wish to try another system please email me at halka!daktel.com and I will send. They are not large.
Posted By: skeettx Re: jpegbox - 03/13/22 06:38 PM
Works for me

https://www.jpgbox.com/login.html

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: Argo44 Re: jpegbox - 03/13/22 07:10 PM
They have reduced the size of the image you're allowed to upload. You'll get a red band saying the image is too big but you can try again. I have to reduce the image on just about every colored photo. There is an upgrade which might obviate this. Haven't tried it. This is obviously inconvenient.

Image from 2 minutes ago - had to reduce the size:
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: jpegbox - 03/13/22 07:40 PM
Guys,
It won't work for me, even when logged in. How do you reduce the image size?
Karl
Posted By: Argo44 Re: jpegbox - 03/13/22 08:14 PM
Well the way I do it with a Mac is probably not the optimum:
-- pinch in the photo (reducing size on screen).
-- Take a screen shot of the new pinched-in photo (command + shift + 4): this lets you outline the portion of the screen you want)
-- then try and download the new size on jpgbox again.

On PC's there's probably a way too.
-- reduce size of your photo on the screen....I think ctrl-minus sign
-- select snipping tool
-- hit Windows logo key + Shift + S. and outline the new reduced image]
-- New image appears on desktop....try and download that.

There is a way to reduce the pixels....not sure how to do this. Probably can find a video on Tube.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: jpegbox - 03/13/22 08:24 PM
I use lunapic.com to reduce the size of the image. When I get to the page that lets me "Set File Size" I delete the size shown in the box and type in "100". That always seems to work when I then use jpgbox.com to post it.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: jpegbox - 03/13/22 11:52 PM
Stan,
Thanks for the info. I was always successful uploading on JPEG before, now resizing is required. I'm trying to do that on my windows system laptop.
Karl
Posted By: Hal Re: jpegbox - 03/14/22 04:27 AM
My files are small. Well under the maximum allowed. I get no red lights. I downloaded three of four URLs for the Buckingham thread yesterday, but one would not upload and none since.

I choose the files, they appear as I have them names, but the the upload button never gets a hand on it and when pressed it takes me back to the download page. This after I read ''download failed'. Rinse and repeat. I tried uploading one four times from two different files of photos, but no go. And yes I was logged in as I could see all my downloaded images from the last two years.

What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: jpegbox - 03/14/22 10:44 AM
I'm sorry I can't help Hal. I have to get assistance from Gil or my son, occasionally, myself. I'm no account when it comes to figuring out these things by myself.

Best, SRH
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: jpegbox - 03/14/22 11:50 AM
Looks like a grade 2 Elsie-nice RWTF
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: jpegbox - 03/14/22 03:16 PM
Hal,
My experience with JPEG mirrors yours, frustrating! All the past uploads are still there. I'm determined to figure it out!
Karl
Posted By: GLS Re: jpegbox - 03/15/22 11:02 AM
I'm wondering if the JPEGBOX size issues are the result of the business having storage issues on its end. Gil
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: jpegbox - 03/15/22 04:36 PM
Gil,
Absolutely! It seems that all the problems on the site happened nearly overnight.
Karl
Posted By: Hal Re: jpegbox - 03/15/22 05:27 PM
I tried changing my password and that function no longer works. Plus the images I uploaded three days ago disappeared completely. Something wrong. Too bad as I have some nice images of a heavily proofmarked T. Barker with the partially octagon barrel.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: jpegbox - 03/15/22 06:34 PM
Hal,
I was able to upload photos before, either logged in or as a guest. Uploading stopped working either way now. I am trying to reduce image size of my photos.
Karl
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com