doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good the horrah, the absolute horrah... - 03/29/22 01:35 AM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/928172446
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: the horrah, the absolute horrah... - 03/30/22 01:18 PM
What a shame.
Edmundo-- just what does this "circumsized " Jap made Browning double have in common with Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" novel?? RWTF
Posted By: KY Jon Re: the horrah, the absolute horrah... - 03/30/22 11:53 PM
Set up for a little Cowboy from the stock dimensions. At least they did not start with the side plate version instead of the box lock.
Posted By: ed good Re: the horrah, the absolute horrah... - 03/30/22 11:58 PM
well foxie, still have not read conrad's book...nor have you chosen to critique it for me, even after multiple requests...

so, i don got no freakin clue...
Posted By: ed good Re: the horrah, the absolute horrah... - 03/31/22 12:01 AM
but here is another movie for you and udders to watch, in my continued efforts to expand your cultural awareness...

Eddie- I am not qualified to be a book critic. A proofreader and spell checker, yes-- but to try to give you even a precis of what Mr. Conrad was putting forth is far beyond my abilities, even allowing for the fact that I am a voracious reader with a fairly sharp memory, for a 80 year old senior citizen, that is. I have outlived my favorite fiction writer, the late Ernest Miller Hemingway, by almost 20 years, so a few more years would be just an extra splash of George Dickel in my glass. RWTF
Posted By: ed good Re: the horrah, the absolute horrah... - 03/31/22 02:15 PM
well foxie, if i can find this, then so could you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Darkness

point is, ...mebbee der aint no point to your posts above...

enjoy the "bowery boys" movie...
Done and Done, many years ago, Eddie. When I told you I am a voracious reader- that means far more than Hemingway-- I read this novella in HS, and wrote a paper on it, which gave me an A in my senior year English Lit. Class-- FYI- just in the scope of American authors (living and departed) I am also fairly well read with: Robert Ruark, John A. Cheever, John Steinbeck, Edward Albee, J.D. Salinger, Faulkner, Harrison, Buckingham, Babcock, Rutledge-- and the list goes on, to include Beryl Markham-- fwiw- she looks different in the foto of her in her airplane as found in recent edition of Sporting Classics magazine, as opposed to her cover foto on her book. Ernest Hemingway's comments about her skill as a writer, as found on the back of her book, are most enlightening. RWTF
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com