doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Brian Kent Upland Bismuth 20 and 28 loads??? - 07/09/22 02:52 AM
questions:
1. anyone have hunting experience with these?
2. what was performance?
3. who has any for sale. I cant locate and I have searched the web.

any help is appreciated
bossshotshells.com
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Kent Upland Bismuth 20 and 28 loads??? - 07/10/22 06:46 PM
I gave two boxes to my son last year. His report was very unfavorable. Birds hit seemed to require multiple shots to fall. He was so happy when Boss shipped our regular order mid season. This year we have already gotten all of our Boss Bismuth so we should be set.These shells were 12 gauge but I doubt 20/28 performance will be much greater. They seemed to slow and not tight enough patterns.
Posted By: Brian Re: Kent Upland Bismuth 20 and 28 loads??? - 07/13/22 01:41 AM
Boss doesnt appear to have 2 3/4" 20 or 28 in bismuth.
anyone know where there are any available?
Rogers Sporting goods has 20 and 28 gauge Hevi Bismuth. I was eyeing the 16's but they are a bit hot for me and not a great selection of shot sizes. The 20's are three-inchers. I might shoot them in my Benelli but that's about it.

Bruce
Posted By: Mills Re: Kent Upland Bismuth 20 and 28 loads??? - 07/15/22 12:19 AM
What is the difference between Bismuth and Hevi Bismuth?
I don't think there is any, it's just a marketing term since it is offered by the people who sell HeviShot. The product description states: 100% nontoxic bismuth pellets. They also state: "Our new HEVI-Bismuth™ Waterfowl shells utilize bismuth, which is 22% denser than steel, to deliver more downrange lethality at an affordable price below that of our tungsten-based loads. And, it’s safe for older fixed choke and fine classic doubles shotguns." Just marketing.

Bruce
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com