doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Run With The Fox Venmo?? - 08/07/22 03:31 PM
Some new electronic method of payment, as an alternate to Pay Pal.. Anybody here used this tool to make a payment? If so, how was it handled? How secure is their system. Hope its not another scam like "Bit-Coin"-- RWTF
Posted By: spring Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 05:07 PM
Works great; very popular with the under 40 crowd.
The odd thing is that others can see who you pay money to…..
Some people I know would have trouble with that… 😬

When I first heard about it from my son around four years ago, I thought he was saying that I needed a “bimbo…” We still call it that when the need to use it comes up…
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 05:27 PM
If Venmo is requested, it usually is the first step towards a potentiallly fraudulent transaction. I say this because once your money has been sent, unless you have complete faith in the 2nd half of your transaction, you have zero resources to remedy anything.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 05:30 PM
Just so you are all informed....Venmo is owned by PayPal.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by spring
Works great; very popular with the under 40 crowd.
The odd thing is that others can see who you pay money to…..
Some people I know would have trouble with that… 😬

When I first heard about it from my son around four years ago, I thought he was saying that I needed a “bimbo…” We still call it that when the need to use it comes up…

You can change your settings so your transactions are private and only you and the specific recipient can see the transaction.

The default is to make the transactions public because Venmo is also trying to be a social networking app. People add outlandish descriptions to their payments in the hopes of attracting views and likes. or they just like showing off how much money they spend and on what. That's the main reason venmo is so popular with the young crowd. they like their entire life to be visible and on line.

I should probably add that I don't use it and won't use it. The information I posted was meant to be informative while also explaining why I would never use it.
Posted By: liverwort Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 05:43 PM
I know nothing but this; Dan Bongino's https://www.paralleleconomy.com/
Posted By: crs Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 06:32 PM
I know nothing about it either and do not see why it is needed.
Posted By: mc Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 07:57 PM
It's great for sending grandkids money I would never use it for a purchase you are not protected
Posted By: playing hooky Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 08:40 PM
Beware of online sellers who do not take credit cards, require payment by money transfer apps like Venmo or Zelle, and are fully stocked with hard-to-find items like shotshell reloading components. Ask me how I know...
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 10:57 PM
I use Venmo for people to pay me. It works great.

I don't use it to pay others.

I like the sound it makes in my pocket when I get paid. "Cha Ching!"
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Venmo?? - 08/07/22 11:27 PM
Never had a problem with Pay Pal. Not really looking for another pay service.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: liverwort Re: Venmo?? - 08/08/22 09:37 PM
PayPal takes a Left-leaning position and has denied and closed accounts of Christian, RightWing organizations, and 2A groups. This was the incentive for the creation of Parallel. I don't use any(and hope I don't have to) and believe you should support who you think serves your best interest.
Posted By: spring Re: Venmo?? - 08/09/22 01:44 AM
What's Venmo good for? Saw this while crossing the river from Florida into Georgia this afternoon.... grin

[Linked Image from images2.imgbox.com]
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Venmo?? - 08/09/22 12:20 PM
Sure doesn't make an sense to me. You use this Venmo thingy and the Bride gets a nice cold Budweiser delivered to her while she is driving into Jawja?? Howinthehell is that possible? RWTF
Posted By: canvasback Re: Venmo?? - 08/09/22 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
Sure doesn't make an sense to me. You use this Venmo thingy and the Bride gets a nice cold Budweiser delivered to her while she is driving into Jawja?? Howinthehell is that possible? RWTF

Its not that complicated Fox. You send her the money to pay for it.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Venmo?? - 08/12/22 11:04 AM
Least she could do is show you her boobs...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com