doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jagermeister Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/09/22 11:37 PM
I was just ordering some .40 S&W Ranger T and Sig Sauer V Crown at AimSurplus for my revolver when I noticed wonderful price on Rio Bismuth loads. I like to buy stuff there because they do not charge shipping on small quantities of ammunition, therefore, I do not have to order case or more to get free shipping. They bismuth shells are $10.59 per 20. These are high pheasant or wildfowl type loads which need to be used in shotgun of heavy proof.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/10/22 11:11 AM
I didn't see any 20 round boxes of bismuth when I searched their website for "bismuth". Only ones that came up are RIO Bismuth, in 10 round boxes, but at a great price if you can use 6s, and a strong gun. One example:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/rio-bismuth-12ga-2-3-4in-6-ammunition-10rd-box-1
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/10/22 03:05 PM
If nothing else buy them for the shot alone.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/10/22 08:15 PM
I have over 400 loaded rounds, and enough shot to load another hundred or more. Need no more, Joe. That'll hold me quite awhile on ducks.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/10/22 08:53 PM
Boss bismuth has filled a lot of orders this year. All great shells.
Posted By: HistoricBore Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/11/22 09:30 AM
I just bought one box of 25 cartridges here in England. These are Hull Bismuth loads in 2.5" cases.

They cost me £45.00, or $54.00 for our American cousins. If I buy 250 in one box they are 12% cheaper.....

Ouch!
Posted By: eeb Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/11/22 11:54 AM
Shotgunning is quickly becoming a rich man’s game.
Posted By: keith Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/11/22 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by eeb
Shotgunning is quickly becoming a rich man’s game.

Yes it is. Some of us have understood and realized that for years. We believe that it is part of the anti-gunners Long Game to make guns, ammo, and shooting sports much more expensive, to reduce participation. Then there will be less opposition to their continual attempts to whittle away at our gun rights.

So now we have much higher prices for guns and ammunition. We have shortages too. We are required to use very expensive and ballistically inferior non-lead ammo for waterfowl, and they are still pushing to ban lead ammo for everything, as has happened in California. If that ever happens, the price of non-lead ammo will skyrocket. Many more of our vintage doubles will become unusable relics.

This is why every intelligent gun owner should vigorously oppose any lead ammo bans and any anti-gun politicians. They should join and support the NRA, and frequently contact their elected representatives to tell them they will not get our vote if they infringe upon the 2nd Amendment.
It should also be obvious by now that having Liberal Left Democrats in power has increased the cost of everything, and lowered the value of our dollars and our 401-K's. We also all know we wouldn't have these supply chain issues if Trump was still in the White House. We are getting a taste of what it is like to be a citizen of a Communist dictatorship, and we need to change it while we still can.

Some here will cry that my comments don't belong here. Some here are fools who think it is more important to support open borders, gay and transgender rights, and not prosecuting violent criminals than it is to preserve our Constitutional republic. You can't fix stupid.
Posted By: Parabola Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/11/22 09:49 PM
It always has been in many parts of the world.

It is just that now, whilst everything seems to be expensive, cartridges are disproportionately more so.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/11/22 10:41 PM
It has never been a poor man's game. For a poor man a shotgun was a pot gun, a gun to put meat on the table and nothing more.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/12/22 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
For a poor man a shotgun was a pot gun, a gun to put meat on the table and nothing more.

Or skeer off the occasional Yankee if he comes a’courtin’ his daughter.

Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/12/22 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by lonesome roads
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
For a poor man a shotgun was a pot gun, a gun to put meat on the table and nothing more.

Or skeer off the occasional Yankee if he comes a’courtin’ his daughter.

Guessing he got a look at Del Ray, and Zug Island, and figured he was good right where he was.

Best,
Ted

Posted By: Grouse Guy Re: Bismuth cartridge sale..... - 08/19/22 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
I was just ordering some .40 S&W Ranger T and Sig Sauer V Crown at AimSurplus for my revolver when I noticed wonderful price on Rio Bismuth loads. I like to buy stuff there because they do not charge shipping on small quantities of ammunition, therefore, I do not have to order case or more to get free shipping. They bismuth shells are $10.59 per 20. These are high pheasant or wildfowl type loads which need to be used in shotgun of heavy proof.

I also found the same offer on this site as Mr. Hillis, 10 rds for $10. I'm interested but in putting 5 boxes in my cart AimSurplus then tagged on $18 UPS ground shipping and $3 tax. Do you use a promo code or something to get free shipping?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com