doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mike Harrell sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/18/22 05:26 PM
Anyone know how to sign up for the German Gun Collectors forum? It keeps saying email a password and your email but when I type it in the box it says error.
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/18/22 07:07 PM
You are not alone.
Posted By: Fred the Saxon Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/22/22 04:29 PM
I think I can help with this, but first a little history. When we set up the forum, we made it so that a new person could register independently. The forum used a "captcha" security feature that after a while didn't work. We would get fifty to a hundred spam registrants a day. It was difficult sometimes to tell genuine ones from the fake, so we decided to register each one manually. That is a little onerous but actually saved quite a bit of time and is a simple "copy and paste" to do. All one needs to do is to send us a user name and a password (with at least eight characters). It would also be nice if included were an email address and who you are. Send all this to sales@germanguns. com. Except for the now required longer password, this is all stated in the yellow banner at the top of the first page.
Frankly, it could be made simpler but unfortunately, nobody knows how to make the changes
Posted By: crs Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/22/22 09:55 PM
Fred,
You described the process that worked for me several years ago.
I have not signed in for a couple of years because my German Simson DR is working fine and all is well.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/23/22 01:10 PM
crs,
Why not come back, you never know when you will miss something you would enjoy. It is even more important now that the Double Gun Journal is gone.
Mike
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/24/22 01:28 AM
Fred when I input a password and username it won't let me send. The page just sits there.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/24/22 02:09 PM
Mike,
I think he means for you to send the username and password to him by email at the address he listed.
Mike
Posted By: AaronN Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/24/22 02:19 PM
I signed up once for their journal at a gun show (maybe Baltimore a few years ago?) and never actually received a journal other than the ones they gave me when I signed up.

Maybe that journal is not related to the forum though. I dunno.
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/24/22 03:31 PM
Der Ami there are blocks to fill in on the signup that request a user name and password. Then you click send. It doesn't work. I messaged him here with them.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/24/22 10:58 PM
AaronN,
The two publications, WAIDMANNSHEIL and Der WAFFENSCHMEID, are tied to membership in the German Gun Collectors Assn. rather than the forum. Fred the Saxon can also help you with that at the email address he listed.
Mike
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/24/22 11:29 PM
I gave up trying.
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/25/22 01:52 AM
My email keeps getting errors when I send the info to sales@germanguns.com Says fatal error and rejects it.
Posted By: keith Re: sign up for German Gun Collectors - 08/25/22 04:37 AM
I'd blame these issues on Russian hackers... what else could it be?

I have similar issues right here on Doublegunshop.com BBS. For example, nearly half of the posts I submit just disappear. And those that are actually posted often don't show up for 3 to 4 days after I submit them. It's like those anti-gun Democrat waiting periods to buy a gun.

Meanwhile, some lucky guys seem able to post ridiculous off-topic crap here with no problems whatsoever, such as suggesting that Southern Comfort is a remotely palatable liquor.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com