doublegunshop.com - home

Mike, thanks for the info. Did you ever try to make your anvils out of fired centerfire primers ?
Nope. The percussion caps were always available and easier to get to go off.
I appreciate you posting this as I wondered how pinfire shells worked when reading your earlier post. I would have thought that the musket cap would have required some sort of anvil, not having the nipple to rest on, but obviously not. Thank you.
You are welcome. The cap is turned upside down when put into the hole. The pin rests inside the cap and will press against the cap holder.
I missed that the cap was upside down, makes sense. Thanks again.

Also, you are probably aware of this but I had this thought considering the difficulty of getting things currently.

https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com/products/prime-all-repriming-compound
Thanks Mike. I use a pin-fire 12 bore and have some purpose made turned brass cases that I load and also use a similar method to you using swaged down plastic once fired cases. Problem I have is that sometimes the pins get stuck tight in the brass case after firing and can be real pigs to get out. Any tips on that one? I might try the Magtech cases. Do you have to turn down the rims first to fit the chamber on the gun? Thanks. Lagopus.....
Yes on turning down the rims. On my $300 Belgian gun I just opened the chamber to regular 16 bore size with my old chamber reamer. I had the stuck and bent pin problem using nails when I began making shells, but since I went with the thicker brass rod for pins no problems.
Mike, Thanks for posting this

Would you consider letting me give you a call to talk pin fire reloading?

I have one pin-fire 12 bore double and your post has re-motivated me to get the thing in the field again.

Please PM your number and I will call at your convenience.

Many thanks,

Travis
Thanks Mike. I'll try as you suggest. I have a double 12 but will be going to look at another pin-fire double next week. All I know is it's described as a 'small bore'. Lagopus.....
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com