doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ellenbr Belgian Prize Machine Gun - T.J. Bovy - 09/25/22 05:49 PM
Expecting an actual machine-gun weren't you???? I would hasten to wager it was a >>Price<< for a shoot??

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/948889198

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

T.J. Bovy Patent and most interesting encircled T J B Bte.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Belgian Prize Machine Gun - T.J. Bovy - 09/25/22 05:52 PM

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: topgun Re: Belgian Prize Machine Gun - T.J. Bovy - 09/25/22 05:56 PM
I have a Prize Machine Gun/T.J. Bovy patent just like yours, a 16-bore; and although it's been many years since I've used the gun, it was my "go-to" gun when I was a young man and is responsible for much small game.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Belgian Prize Machine Gun - T.J. Bovy - 09/25/22 05:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Not mine yet, I don't think. I just lifted the images from Gunbroker.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Belgian Prize Machine Gun - T.J. Bovy - 09/25/22 06:29 PM
Marc adds info & Feeds the Beast......

Appears to be a hand detachable lockplate.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Belgian Prize Machine Gun - T.J. Bovy - 09/25/22 06:53 PM
Much nicer than most of the Simonis, Janssen and Dumoulin "Prize Machine Gun" manufactured under Bovy's patent.
"Machine gun" was marketing verbiage for interchangeable parts, as in "The Interchangeable".
Another S,J,&D "Prize" was "The Continental", which Granny toted in "The Beverly Hillbillies" smile

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Another Bovy
https://www.shotgunworld.com/threads/th%C3%A9odore-joseph-bovy-sxs-12g-30-damascus-bbl.277235/
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Belgian Prize Machine Gun - T.J. Bovy - 09/25/22 06:57 PM
Now that is Great Information. I just knew Granny was a connoisseur of moules et frites.......

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com