doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob Rowley Winter Antique Arms Show Inquiry - 12/07/22 09:33 PM
So, having attended many of them over many years, and meeting many of you there as well, I know what the old Beinfeld show was like, but, know nothing about this newer Brophy show.
What can you tell me about the quality of this new show, the number and quality of the dealers who attend, etc.

Really, I'm trying to decide whether to attend this year.
Posted By: Nitrah Re: Winter Antique Arms Show Inquiry - 12/08/22 01:07 AM
Bob, I can't comment on those shows but two friends that have been many times say the Southern SxS has become one of the best places to see top shelf guns
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Winter Antique Arms Show Inquiry - 12/08/22 05:20 AM
The show is not what it was before Covid, but still worth attending. The national dealers have not returned, except for Vintage Doubles and a couple of others. The main room has 200-250 tables with just about anything related to vintage and antique firearms. The next show runs Friday and Saturday and not Sunday as before. Attached are a couple of random photos of the main room from this past January. All the major United States auction houses are there displaying upcoming items. The only other similar show in the Western United States is the Colorado Antique Gun Show next spring in Greeley. Not as large with less SXS's.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Winter Antique Arms Show Inquiry - 12/08/22 05:43 PM
I use to never miss it. While I have not been in a few years my dealer friends say its not like it use to be. They tell me the folks are not showing up like they use to, expenses are up for the show. When I use to go all the dealers would say its more of a dealer to dealer show with not much sold to the public. I always got in early during setup. My understand is that the Morphy Auction Company purchased the show.

John Boyd
Quality Arms
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com