doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Doverham A stray wanders in . . . . - 12/12/22 08:24 PM
It has been about 5 years since I last posted here. Not quite sure why I wandered off (other than the usual excuses about life's distractions), but I am glad to see a lot of familiar name/faces are still on the right side of the grass and that the forum is still active. I am still shooting doubleguns, including an AyA No.2 and my Gallyon/AA Brown waterfowler that I use for clays. My next project is a 28 ga. for quail - maybe another AyA No. 2 or a Rizzini BR550. I hunted with the latter recently (after I left my A10 fore-end at home like a four-alarm moron), and it was a really sweet little shooter.

I have stumbled into some great waterfowl hunting up on the western shore of Lake Champlain near the Canadian border. It is a bit like the Chesapeake Bay - vast corn fields and a big body of water - with a lot less pressure. Snows, Canadas and lots of puddle ducks. This year we spent a day hunting in the snow in white suits, and the next day on an awesome flooded timber honey hole that had the ducks dropping in like helicopters. I won't forget that for a while.

Merry Christmas, Doverham
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: A stray wanders in . . . . - 12/12/22 11:08 PM
There is no duck hunting that I have experienced that is quite like flooded green timber.

Welcome back. Merry CHRISTmas!
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: A stray wanders in . . . . - 12/12/22 11:20 PM
Welcome back to the flock! Glad to see another AYA fan. A 28 gauge is a hammer on helicoptering puddle ducks.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com