Someone's going to have to step up:
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...y-sons-sidelock-o-u.cfm?gun_id=102118143
JR
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/02/23 09:06 PM
I would but I'm a few thousand short
Posted By: eeb Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/02/23 09:09 PM
It’s that Bideflation we’ve heard so much about. Damn Putin
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/02/23 10:58 PM
From what I’ve seen of this dealer’s listings and from viewing their website, I think it’s only proper they should put this up for sale. At what point does absurdity become insanity?
JR
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/02/23 11:07 PM
What’s going on, you selling guns for Ed?
Posted By: playing hooky Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/02/23 11:34 PM
I wonder what Purdey would charge to make the same guns bespoke, doubt it would be that much.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/02/23 11:42 PM
The fuzzys left in the checkering from the cheap slip it was kept in bring a je nais se quois that should actually bring a higher price.

Or, not.

Best,
Ted

Posted By: John Roberts Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/03/23 12:05 AM
The part I like is they do the math for you on the pair, just so you won't be expecting a discount when buying two...
JR
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/03/23 12:57 AM
That is going to be a hard sell. For that much money you might be in the ball park of having a new O/U made to your order. If I had to go O/U I would want longer barrels. Or just make the thing with the barrels in the proper orientation, side by side. smile
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/03/23 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by KY Jon
That is going to be a hard sell.

Don't forget the desert sand money in the Middle East. That's nothing to an oil-rich sheik. They buy stuff like that just because they can.

Tough for us to relate to, but there are so many people with so much money that it will support the sales of stuff like that. One of my buddies just bought a $280,000 boat, a 36' Doug Wright with two Merc 450Rs on it. 125 mph with four people on board.

I'd rather have the boat myself. Just sayin'.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/03/23 01:35 PM
I think that is about three times the cost of a new one! Lagopus.....
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/03/23 01:52 PM
Alons, le Messer de la countrie aux Dylan parles--"je ne sans quoi-" - I do not know what, for you non-french speaking Americians-Merci indeed . Le Reynard..
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/03/23 01:56 PM
I take some comfort in staying a "non player" in this market-- like Grandpa told me about the stock market when I was a lad- "Son, no tree can grow all the way up to the sky".. If I had 280 large to invest, which I surely do not, it would be in real estate- as Mark Twain once advised: "Always invest in land- God only made so much of it, but He always seems to be making more people">> RWTF
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/05/23 05:50 PM
It said under payment terms: credit cards

So I try to put the guns on my master card and they did not approve it
Said $400,000 was over my limit

So boys, the guns are still there

John boyd
Posted By: ed good Re: Needed: a fool and his money - 03/05/23 11:43 PM
stan, is your buddy one o dem rich mid west farmers who git paid obscene amounts of tax payer dollars, not to grow stuff...watt ah racket...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com