doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: JM OT: I Wish More Journalists Were Like This - 07/25/07 09:45 PM
This someone I can respect, even if she never fires a gun again in her life. Too bad there are not more like her.

http://westlibertyindex.com/article.php?viewID=939
Refreshing! I thanked her for it. Lee
Thanks for the article.

I wonder why she said "It was also comforting for me to learn that most the people involved in the gun club are not hunters."

Does she have the same conceptions about hunters that she previously had about shooters? or?? I'm scratching my head on that one.

Other than that it was an interesting read
Posted By: JM Re: OT: I Wish More Journalists Were Like This - 07/26/07 12:44 AM
Write her and find out. I'm willing to bet that she simply does not like hunting. While I can appreciate everyone has likes and dislikes, I only ask that one just recognize the rights of those who do hunt and leave it at that.
Quote:
It never hurts to try to learn a little more about the things you don’t like and the people you don’t agree with, you may find out you didn’t know enough about them to have an opinion in the first place.

How very very true.

jack
Posted By: tw Re: OT: I Wish More Journalists Were Like This - 07/26/07 01:25 AM
The bigger problem today, and I take nothing away from the author's observations or opinions in saying this, is that for the vast majority of people there is no one left in their immediate family who still resides in the 'country' or who has a rural place with some acreage. For that reason alone, the majority of today's populace has no experience with that part of the growing up experience that many of the rest of us has had. Oh, there are exceptions where the urban family had 'means' and the interest leaned toward outdoor hunting experience and consequently hired it, but for the majority, their non understanding of hunting or that aspect of the shooting sports is due to no exposure to the rural life on ANY basis .. nor has the making of the film Bambi or any films of that genre helped.

I do think the ref'd article is candid and honest, making the author a pleasant exception from the norm, inclusive of many authors who write from 'our side'.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com