https://www.proxibid.com/CR-Armi-G-...9404&scrollLocationOnCatalog=2081.75

now just just try to unsee it..
Posted By: Chantry Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 02:49 PM
That poor shotgun....

It might even had been a decent looking shotgun prior to the stock abuse
Posted By: skeettx Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 07:10 PM
A Wedding Shotgun smile
Posted By: Hammergun Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 07:42 PM
"Plastic glitter coating" on the wood. In Pennsylvania. I'm not surprised. I was at a shoot in south central PA and the squad behind us was giving us a hard time about using side by sides. The loudest of the group had an o/u with chrome plated barrels and metal flake, teal green painted wood. It matched his shooting buggy. And he was making fun of the sxs shooters.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 08:24 PM
I wish I could un-see that.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 08:35 PM
L'd wager a bag of Snyder's pretzels that loudmouth was from Kennott Square. Home of the famous Pennsylvania Fatheads!! RWTF
Posted By: Mark II Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 08:38 PM
Where is the eye bleach! Going to have to poke out my minds eye too!
Posted By: KY Jon Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 08:58 PM
That might glow in the dark. Not going to be bidding on that auction.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/28/23 10:26 PM
I remember the Browning Signature Series shotguns that were painted. I heard that if stripped, sometimes some high grade wood was found. There should be a law.
Karl
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/29/23 01:29 AM
I'll betcha' you could walk into a juke joint wid it an' bring peace outta confusion. I can just see a buncha' black lights reflecting off all that glitter.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/29/23 02:11 AM
Bet it would respond well to some Ditzler Aircraft stripper and a refinish of your choice. The bid is $110 at the moment, would be a cheap way into a using double. That action turns up on many of the smaller production Italian guns, and if there is anything wrong with them I’ve never heard about it. It would appear the engraving was done by Grandma Moses, but, lots of Parker’s and LC Smith’s suffered the same fate.
Not in the market, myself, but, I had more time than money at one point. I still have a can of stripper, too. Hmm.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Ploughjogger Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/29/23 04:16 AM
When I bought my Krag Sporter, somebody had painted the stock all black, trying for some tacticool look.The wood underneath was very pleasant to me, and not hard to remove with Walmart aircraft stripper.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/29/23 10:56 AM
I once won a Super X2 Sporting, at the NSCA GA State Sporting Championship. It had a red rubber coating over the entire buttstock and forend. I loaned it out to a friend for his wife to use, as I was already into O/Us. He kept it for about 10 years, during which time he divorced. One day it occurred to me I'd better see about getting it back, which I did. The red rubber had deteriorated into a sticky, gummy mess wherever hands had been on it in shooting. One day I decided to get rid of that mess with stripper, and found very plain wood, birch I think, underneath. I took it to a friend who is in the immersion graphic business to see what he could do for it. It now appears to be the fanciest burl walnut you ever saw, but with a funny reddish tinge. Much better looking than the old rubber mess. Had Phillip Crenwelge tune the trigger. It's a clay killing machine. Sometimes, when I'm shooting a charity event with soft targets, it gets the nod because of the choke tubes. Once shot a 100X100 with it at the GA Prison Wardens Shoot in Forsyth.

Go for it, Ted. There may be a princess hiding underneath that frog exterior.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/29/23 01:00 PM
Stan,
I need it like I need a hole in my head. But, there are younger, hungrier guys here that could use the experience as a stepping stone into the double gun realm. The price, at the moment, is right.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: mc Re: a 'master piece'...no - 04/29/23 09:24 PM
It's the perfect gun if you have a friend that has a big Cadillac and a Romanian track suit
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com