doublegunshop.com - home
Dennis Coberly died this week. He was never a computer guy, so many will not recognize him. Dennis was a hunting and gun collecting friend for over 3 decades. We hunted birds from Saskatchewan to New Mexico. Many might have seen him tending gunshow tables at Baltimore, Tulsa, or Vegas. A cattle trader, heavy equipment trader, and I guess a trader of many other things, he always had a story and knew someone no matter where he went. Incredible memory for people. End of an era and we'll miss him. Attached is a picture of a few years ago in New Mexico on a quail hunt. He's in the plaid shirt. Left to right my son Aron, grandson Jack, Brad Studer, Dennis, and myself. His funeral will be Wednesday in Belen, NM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My condolences to you. I think of my own loss of irreplaceable friends and I’m sorry for you.

(I have family in Belen. Wish I could have met your friend there or at one of the shows.)
Sorry to hear of Dennis' passing. Great guy, always with a good story and always on the track of an interesting gun.
RIP my friend Dannis.
Years ago I met him at the Tulsa gun show. He was working with Ron Peterson guns, and sold me a very nice fox,I still own. just a very nice knowledgeable man he will be missed.
Sorry for your loss of a friend.

Had a few of mine pass recently.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.
Losing family and friends is the curse of getting old and surviving. RIP, Mr. Coberly and condolences to all.
I forgot one facet of Dennis's life. He was a substantial collector of original artwork and illustrations that one might see in Western books, magazines like Colliers, Saturday Evening Post, etc. Fascinating times could be had if you asked about the subject.
Daryl;

I am sorry to learn of the death of your friend and colleague Dennis. Your thoughts about him causes me and I am sure others here to believe that we would have been pleased to have known him and called him our friend.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell
We are losing too many dear friends. I have found it the worst part of aging. Only just turned 66 but have lost so many just recently. Carpe diem!
I met Dennis through Daryl probably 12-14 years ago. Bought a couple of Bakers from him. Talked several times on the phone. Exchanged Christmas cards for years. He invited me to come hunt in New Mexico a couple of times but, I was raising two young daughters at the time and never made it. He was a nice guy. RIP. Walton
I met and talked with Dennis on a couple of occasions at Ron Peterson's a few years back. A very nice man. RIP Dennis.
Here is a link to his obituary
Dennis Coberly obituary
hoping the kind words written here can be written there as well to comfort his children and encourage his grandchildren.
I never had the chance to meet him- residing so far apart. But I hope your friend may Rest In Peace. God Bless.
As a matter of fact I owned a LeFevre of his for a short time. I wish I still had it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com