doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Guncase alteration needed - 10/17/23 09:49 PM
Finally found a case for my 32" Lang pigeon hammer gun. Only one issue. The stock and receiver do not quite fit. Need someone close by central N.C. that can do some minor alteration.
Posted By: KDGJ Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/18/23 01:34 PM
Kevin McCormick in VA; is the closest one to you I know.

Ken
Posted By: bushveld Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/18/23 02:17 PM
Mike;

I am a bit surprised that you asked this question as George Pittelko the famous gun and rifle case maker who made the equally famous elephant hide double rifle case for Holland & Holland is a member of the Carolina Vintagers in Charlotte, North Carolina. George is at gpittelko@comparium.net

I suspect you and George have spoken to each other at the Southern.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/18/23 02:25 PM
Kevin McCormick lives in Northern Virginia and redid this case for me, very good work:
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=596554&page=1

I have a phone number if you need it. He was at the Southern a couple of years ago.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/18/23 02:34 PM
Yes I know George, he is a very nice gentleman. I thought he was not doing case work anymore. I may be wrong on that. The email address is not working for me. Do you have his phone number or any other way to get in touch?
Posted By: Joe in Charlotte Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/18/23 05:41 PM
Mike,

I sent you a text with George's cell.

Joe in Charlotte
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/18/23 06:18 PM
Joe, thanks, I never got the text. Is he still doing the case work? Someone mentioned he had retired.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/19/23 02:54 PM
I believe that George was the gentleman I talked with recently about re-covering a Winchester 23 case for me. He told me I could buy a new one for what he would have to charge and also I believe he said he is not doing that work anymore. I may be wrong. I consulted several whose names I got from this board. But as someone said, he certainly sounded like a very nice man, certainly a pleasure to talk with.
Posted By: susjwp Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/19/23 05:33 PM
John and Kelly of FEI Gun Cases in Wisconsin does case work as well as Caseit2(?) in Grants Pass, Oregon, I believe. Kade Gile will re-leather as well.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/19/23 06:34 PM
SUSJWP,
Can you pm me the phone number or e-mail of Kade Gile. I may be interested in putting leather on that Model 23 case I mentioned if the cost is not prohibitive.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/19/23 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Argo44
Kevin McCormick lives in Northern Virginia and redid this case for me, very good work:
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=596554&page=1

I have a phone number if you need it. He was at the Southern a couple of years ago.
I would like to have Kevin's number if you could PM it to me. I believe you or perhaps another member said that Kevin does leather re-cover work?
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/19/23 11:20 PM
Sent. 1915 hrs, 19 Oct. Gene
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/19/23 11:29 PM
'Thanks.
Posted By: Joe in Charlotte Re: Guncase alteration needed - 10/26/23 07:42 PM
Try:

Matthew Hanson
Superior Case Repair
448 Verona Ridge Trail
Verona, WI 53593

He was next to us at the Southern SxS for the last 2 years. I had him do some repairs for me. Fast and reasonable pricing.

I can text you the phone number or you can Google him.

Joe
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com