doublegunshop.com - home
The same week I acquired my old Krieghoff Model 32 Skeet, still untried, I sealed the deal on a 1970 Browning Superposed shotgun. Belgian-made. Yes, top-dead-center salt wood era, but the seller was gracious enough to have his gunsmith take all the wood off and photograph the underlying metal for my inspection, and to have it cleaned and greased for my use since it was basically in pieces . Result: Not a single pit attributable to NaCl.

I've shot the thing over the past two weekends, and tied my personal best at Skeet twice with it, including today, during my third of four rounds. I was remarkably consistent with it today; not used to that kind of standard deviation of scores, given a new-to-me game, and a new-to-me shotgun.

26-inch tubes, 12-gauge, choked Skeet and Skeet, pistol-grip, big fat beavertail, mid-rib bead worn flat, but that honking-great white front bead's still there.

The metal fitting on the action parts is... Well, It's like I'm shooting a 12-gauge Rolex watch. They did just enough, and the damned thing just works.

What a well-made, brutally-elegant shotgun. Makes the Citori Hunter demo I tried in summer 2022 seem like a telephone pole.

Distillation: It's transparent. Never thought about the shotgun, but only about destroying the porcelain pigeons.
Yeeeee Hawwww
What a joyful report
Thanks
Mike
I have had several Superposed shotguns, both 12 and 20 and they are fantastic guns!! Probably one of the greatest guns ever made, in my opinion. Have a great time with it and good luck!! You've got a winner!!
I actually went the other direction I bought a 1955 superposed 12 ga it's a great gun but I didn't shoot it very well I bought a k32 and I just shot better then added adjustable k80 wood and it made me bored with trap
Years ago, my friend bought a 30” Superposed 12 gauge on a lark, I think it was $800 at the time, and looked NIB. We both shot a round of trap with it, although I was fairly unimpressed with the gun, but, that changed after I ran the field with it, something that I hadn’t done prior with a gun first time out. Haven’t done anything like that since, either.

He still has it, pretty sure it hasn’t been fired since. I don’t want it, but, my attitude toward it got a serious readjustment after that day.

Best,
Ted
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
...I was fairly unimpressed with the gun, but, that changed after I ran the field with it....

Made me smile.
Be very, very careful!! Those low priced 12-gauge Superposeds suck you in, then you want the 20- & 28-gauges and .410-bores and they don't come cheap!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'd love to find a 28-gauge for sale up here. It'd be a good excuse for me to start a new career in bank robbery.
Bank robber / collector…

I have a Citori 16 gauge with 26" barrels. I quite liked the gun and shot it reasonable well, given that I rarely shoot other than SxS.

Then I acquired a Superposed 20 gauge with 26" barrels from about 1954. Ever since then, my Citori feels like a club and the Superposed feels like guns are supposed to feel like. LOL
Originally Posted by canvasback
...the Superposed feels like guns are supposed to feel like...

Et voilà. That's the most mystifying and happy-making thing about this bulky-looking old clunker. Shooting it makes me want to live up to its potential, its expectations.
Originally Posted by Bob Cash

Herstal, Belgium, before the European Onion:

"I have four receivers for you to engrave today, Bobby."

"Oh?"

"Yes. The first one, do whatever you want, Tea leaves, creeping vines, who cares. The other three, though... Birds. Dogs. Birds being eaten by dogs. Put some weeds in as backdrop, if there's room. Make things floral."

"Roger. Uh... Can I do dogs being eaten by birds?"

"I'd say yes, but our export sales manager may take a dim look upon the concept."

"Gotcha."
Nothing sweeter than crushing a pair with your Superposed skeet gun and opening it and hearing the ejectors work. Even better if you shoot Federal papers and add the smell to the sensation!!
I recently found a Remington Model 32 Skeet gun with a numbers matched 30" IM/Full barrel. For 50 years I have avoided the game of skeet in favor of trap shooting. I now I find myself absorbed in the game!
I have a copy of a photo of Clark Gables 32 combo as inspiration!
Originally Posted by Fudd
… The first one, do whatever you want, Tea leaves, creeping vines, who cares. The other three, though... Birds. Dogs. Birds being eaten by dogs. Put some weeds in as backdrop, if there's room. Make things floral, and don’t forget at least 1 depiction of a dog who lost all 4 paws in a tragic car chase incident
Angelo Bee
What fun smile
Originally Posted by skeettx
Angelo Bee
What fun smile
There is engraving and then there is engraving......

https://aabrownandsons.com/assets/images/aab-79782-04-1667x2500.jpg
For canvasback

[Linked Image from aabrownandsons.com]
Thanks Mike!
Originally Posted by Bob Cash
…and don’t forget at least 1 depiction of a dog who lost all 4 paws in a tragic car chase incident

Snort!

Brilliant.
Originally Posted by canvasback
There is engraving and then there is engraving......

https://aabrownandsons.com/assets/images/aab-79782-04-1667x2500.jpg
So-o-o-o-o....you're saying that that last engraving signed A Bee was probably done by Archibald Bee instead of Angelo Bee? That border doesn't quite look up to his standards. smile
I enjoy my old Baker shotgun smile

Still no paws smile but I love the smell of the tall grass, he he he

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
I'd never heard of Baker (because I am but an egg), so I had to google them. Is that a long-barrelled duck shotgun, choked Full and Fuller?
It could have been engraved by Angelo's sister
This is a live bird gun, Paragon Grade

Angelo's sister was NOT even born when this gun was engraved

http://www.bakercollectors.com/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uGeSuMJBPMNGh0ydCQXeAnpGRLANfl0Uhe954818veQ/edit
There is simply good magic in any of the older FN made superposed 20 ga. guns. And for me anyway, it is centered around the grip's dimensions and smaller diameter that perfectly fits my hand, and the balance of those guns, whether 26" or 28" bbl.'s were fitted has always made them a pleasure to shoot, as made. Speaking here only to those guns fitted w/the standard field dimension wood and smaller rounded forearms.
Evidence that Scrooge McDuck once worked at Fabrique Nationale.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Great picture, well done in the posting smile
"It does what it says on the tin."

Seeing those marks is as happy-making as blowing little orange espresso saucers up with it is. Purpose-specific tool. It won't be going to Briley while it's under my stewardship.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com