doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Vol423 Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/04/24 11:56 PM
My 21 with single trigger is in need of a trigger shift lever. I've tried the usual sources to no avail. Would anyone know where I could find one?
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/05/24 12:01 AM
Galazan? EBay?
Posted By: dogon Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/05/24 03:36 PM
Galazan's has quit selling Mdl-21 parts. The only way you get one from them is to send the gun to them for repairs.

I take it you're looking for the internal lever which trip's the sears when pulling the trigger and not the selector button on the trigger? If it's the internal part, they are like hens' teeth to find & can be very finicky to fit for correct function.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/05/24 05:36 PM
Then keep an eye out on ebay. There is a shift lever button on there for sale now for 10 bucks. Good luck.
Posted By: Vol423 Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/06/24 01:41 AM
Thanks all. I found the parts today to convert it to double trigger. I hate single triggers anyway.
Originally Posted by Vol423
Thanks all. I found the parts today to convert it to double trigger. I hate single triggers anyway.

Now that's the proper repair.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/06/24 12:23 PM

Where did you find the parts, if I may ask? I won't tell. 🙂
Posted By: dogon Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/06/24 03:16 PM

You're a lucky man to have found the parts for a double trigger conversion. I take it you found a complete trigger plate? There is a difference between a single trigger plate & a double trigger plate. I've been looking for a double trigger plate myself and haven't come across one in several years of looking. You are truly a lucky guy if you found one.

Good luck with the conversion!! Let us know how it turns out.
Posted By: aw1776 Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/07/24 12:58 AM
Vol423 it’s killing me to find out where you were able to find those parts I’d like to know and I’d like to know the condition of them because I bought some that were listed on eBay and one from another parts dealer that had them listed on Guns International and they were used parts and they were worse than the parts I had in the gun so you have to give us some insight please
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/07/24 03:25 PM
That's okay. I understand. You don't have to tell. I recently found a smith who repairs Model 21s and had no trouble getting parts. Good luck with your renovation!!
Posted By: Vol423 Re: Wanted: Winchester Model 21 shift lever - 01/16/24 09:46 PM
The parts were new old stock. They were the last of a gunsmith's stash of parts he had been holding in case he found a gun he could convert. He grew too old before the opportunity arose. It included a double trigger plate, two screws and 2 coil springs. They cost me $500 but at least they exist. Sorry but there are no more from that source.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com