doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Nitrah General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 01:01 PM
The thread about a lost key made me think of my most recent loss. One place I shoot has credit cards with pre paid targets to operate the Sporting stations. I made it all the way around without walking away from my card once. At the last stations my friend took some extra shots at a difficult target, so after he finished I put my card back in to try a few extra myself. Now my sequence has changed and I walked away without the card, loaded with over 800 targets. It has my name and phone # on it, but that happened Wed and no calls and no one has turned it in yet.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 01:45 PM
I would think that card can be reported as stolen, and turned off, with credit placed on a new card. Who issued it? There is a 800 number, somewhere, associated with that card.

Find that.

Good luck.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Marks_21 Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 01:49 PM
Ted. I make the assumption it is a private system like a hotel key? - and the club/system isn’t likely that advanced ?
I would also like to think that at the gun club would be a very honest place to lose it, and someone will return it.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 02:06 PM
My club has somewhat the same system. When you ck in you get a card and tell them how many target you want to put on the card. When you turn in the card they then see how many shots you used up and send you an invoice at the end of the month

John
Arrieta
Posted By: dukxdog Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 03:28 PM
I'll bet someone calls you.

Having your name & phone on the card makes it different than "Finders Keepers".

We have a similar system at our club. The cards we use can be attached to a lanyard. That helps prevent loss or leaving.
Posted By: craigd Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 03:54 PM
If the card is linked to target usage, the club should be able to identify who it was sold to, and turn it off. It may be sitting at the range with them figuring the owner will be around sooner or later. I'd check there first...and ask if they'd look at the cameras if someone used it, as well as turn it off?
Posted By: Nitrah Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 04:45 PM
I asked and no one had turned it in yet. I don't think they have the ability to turn it off or they would have suggested it when I reported it lost. I am not the only one to leave one behind, since they now encourage you to put your name and ph no on the back. I am just disappointed in myself for leaving it.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Nitrah
I asked and no one had turned it in yet. I don't think they have the ability to turn it off or they would have suggested it when I reported it lost. I am not the only one to leave one behind, since they now encourage you to put your name and ph no on the back. I am just disappointed in myself for leaving it.

Don’t beat yourself up over it. Learn, and move on. We’ve all done it, or something similar.

I’d expect you will hear from someone who found the card. Although gun clubs tend to have higher life forms attending and associated with them, my club no longer rents handguns.

They learned.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: General forgetfullness cost me - 03/10/24 05:45 PM
You will get it back. Shooters are a good bunch.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com