doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/14/24 03:28 PM
please advise, in your opinion, what are the best ten Spanish box lock gun makers, since 2000...
Posted By: campero Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/14/24 07:02 PM
I only know these models:

AYA Matador
AYA 4 & model Deluxe
AYA XXV

UA 203
UA 204
UA 205

Ugartechea 30
Ugartechea 40 / Jabalí (for bullet shells)
Ugartechea 40EX

AYA and Ugartechea models were made before and after 2000.

Some pictures...

Unión Armera 205
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Unión Armera 204
Unión Armera 203
Ugartechea 41 (a great boxlock model from mid-19th century)

AYA N4
AYA XXV
Ugartechea 40
Ugartechea Jabalí
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/14/24 08:58 PM
A gun store near me sells Grulla. They look really nice. I used to shoot skeet with a buddy of mine who had a Kemen. That was a nice gun, too.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/14/24 09:22 PM
https://www.shotguns.se/html/spain.html

13 = Lanber
16 = AyA
27 = Armas Garbi
31 = Grulla Armas
35 = Ignacio Ugartechea
40 = Kemen (Thanks Jon S for this)
46 = Pedro Arrizabalaga
57 = Arrieta
60 = Zabala Hermanos
IMA = Industrias Marixa Armas

https://www.shotguns.se/html/pre_diarm.html
https://www.shotguns.se/html/post_diarm.html
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/14/24 11:25 PM
AyAs are nice, too.
Posted By: gunman Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/15/24 09:11 AM
AyA's although not the best finished guns in comparison to some others are mechanically and materially wise in the top 3 in my opinion .
Ugartachea's although mainly a plain gun ,are a good solidly made work horse and I have every respect for them .
Posted By: campero Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/15/24 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
An ER Amantino. Made in Brazil. Would that be considered Spanish? After further reviewing, I guess not. My mistake.

No, they aren´t.

The question asked by ed good was about Spanish boxlock gun makers.

Regards!
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/15/24 10:31 AM
Yes. I said I realize that now. They do speak Spanish in Brazil, but that specific gun isn't considered Spanish. That is why I originally asked. Thank you!! 😊
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/15/24 11:04 AM
If you weren’t ignoring me, Jimmy, you would learn that Portuguese is the language spoken in Brazil.

You ignore a lot of things.

Ignorance, is bliss.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/15/24 11:52 AM
And by the way... for those who don't know it- in 2005 Brazilian President, Lula Da Silva, approved a bill to make Spanish the country's 2nd language. 😊 Now can we please get back to the subject, ed started before anyone else makes any silly comments.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/15/24 12:31 PM
Just thought people might want to know.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/15/24 08:08 PM
Spanish isn’t even in the top three, in Brazil, Jimmy:

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-languages-are-spoken-in-brazil.html

You’d know a lot more if you didn’t ignore so many things, Jimmy.

But, hey, ignorance IS correctable. Let me, who you are ignoring, assist you.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by gunman
AyA's although not the best finished guns in comparison to some others are mechanically and materially wise in the top 3 in my opinion .
Ugartachea's although mainly a plain gun ,are a good solidly made work horse and I have every respect for them .

Graham,
Back when the Spanish left imposed a yearly tax on its citizens for the privilege of owning a firearm, many of them were dumped here in the states. It was a large dump, and it drove the prices of everything Spanish down for a few years. Prices paid even for Spanish guns that had always been here declined.
I bought a US spec Ugartechia boxlock for $400, off one of the gun selling websites. It has 3” chambers and proof, along with a slim beavertail forearm, things that importers seemed to think all Americans wanted in a gun, circa 1972.
The fit and finish is a bit spotty, but, it cleaned up nicely and I have opened the chokes to cylinder and IC, and shoot a bit of skeet with it, here and there, and use it when hunting with friends that own clumsy Labradors. It is fitted with disc set strikers, and, lo and behold, they come right out for service. A previous imported supplied me with the tool to remove them, and a spare set of strikers.
In the continuing leftist drive to hamper and eventually eliminate hunting and gun ownership, my state is considering mandating non toxic shot for upland hunting, on the basis of deeply flawed science. It is, of course, not about the science, anyway. I had this gun for sale for some time, but, changed my mind, and come the time, I suspect it will be adequate to shoot steel loads in the years I have left to hunt and be pursued by idiots on the left.
Most of the Uggies I have handled were plain, serviceable implements for field use.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 02:12 AM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 02:15 AM
Thanks for the emails ........
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 02:18 AM
Jimmy,
I am replying to Graham, one of the more qualified adults in the room here at doublegunshop. Please go back to ignoring me for a while, until I get through this.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 02:44 AM
Jimmy,
So glad you are still providing facts that you are ignoring me.

Sorry you got all butt-hurt when I made a fool of you by pointing out Portuguese is by far the most common language spoken in Brazil, and Spanish guns have nothing to do with Brazil, or, vice versa. It was an amateur mistake, looked dumb, but, whatever. Your political beliefs and reliance on google for any/all information have prepared us well for what to expect from you. You never fail to deliver!

Please feel free to keep ignoring me.

Thanks so much.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: azgreg Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 02:55 AM
In Jimmy’s advanced mind, since Spanish is spoken in Brazil, the guns made there must be Spanish. All you guys with LC’s, Parker’s, Fox etc really own English guns! Hell, English is even the #1 language in America, for the time being.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 03:08 AM
And by the way, Teddy- I admitted my mistake clear back on the 5th post. So, you didn't point out anything that you are taking credit for. You HAVE succeeded in ruining another post.

Awesome leftist work at ignoring me Jimbo….here on the right we call that “lies” and the guy who does that a liar.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: azgreg Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 03:16 AM
I didn’t forget winchesters. No way they could be English.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 03:21 AM
Once again- sorry, ed.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 03:21 AM
I'm sorry, but now I am ignoring you, too. Teddy couldn't take it. I can see that you can't either.

Don’t feel too bad, Greg, Jimmy ignoring you is just the same as Jimmy paying attention to you…

Only dumber, if that is possible.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Campero re Spanish Guns - 04/16/24 11:32 AM
As I said, ed, I do apologize.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com