doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Parabola John Swinfen and Alfred Sanders - Maidstone - 04/15/24 05:56 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forum members who have guns by either of the above gunmakers may be interested in this trade sign that remains in Bank Street Maidstone.

Photo from Google Street View.

The guns appear to be made of painted wood and from my recollection are about twice life size.

As they depict hammer guns and ALFRED Sanders succeeded to the business at 79 Bank Street in the mid-1890’s they may well date back to John Swinfen’s ownership.
Chronologically, where does Alfred Sanders fit in? I have a nice back action hammer double with 'A. Sanders' and the Bank Street address on it. Are there any records from Sanders?
Very nice. Over here there are too many Nancys and it wouldn't stay up long.
Don't have a gun by either. I do appreciate the advert, very good! Near where I live now is a now defunct hardware store that had a large, eight feet or so W.R. Case folding knife out front. Similar idea. Case knives are another distraction I enjoy! Thanks!

Chief
Well spotted , I should have said Alfred not Arthur. My bad!

By the way the sign is now at 85 Bank Street. When Sanders acquired Swinfen the business was at 79 a few doors to the South. Sanders moved to 85 at some time in the 1970’s before they closed in 1993.
David, would those "nancys" be what we refer to as a "karen" south of the Mason Dixon Line?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com