doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Will S. Parker repro - 09/15/07 01:21 AM
How would you rate a Parker reproduction versus an AYA. Is a $4500 price reasonable or too much for a barely used .28ga. Parker repro? I'd appreciate any input.
Will
Posted By: Ed Stabler Re: Parker repro - 09/15/07 01:30 AM
I'd think that for that kind of money you could find a pretty decent original Parker, albeit probably not a 28 ga. gun. -- Ed
Posted By: Joe Bernfeld Re: Parker repro - 09/15/07 01:49 AM
Will, Parker Reproduction 28 gauges are awesome! I've owned 4 (2 now including one unfired one) so I have some experience here. Be aware that they are very light (around 5 1/2 lbs.) and some people have trouble shooting such light guns. I just shot 2 grouse today with mine and I love it (although I fell down and broke the wrist earlier this week...very big bummer, but it glued back together amazingly well!). Comparing them to AYAs is tough since AYA makes everything from cheap boxlocks to very nice, more expensive sidelocks. For $4500 though, I'd bet the Parker Reproduction would be as well made or better. Yes, $4500 is a good price for a single barrel set. Double triggers and beavertail forend (both very desirable to me) will raise the price if you can find them. Also they were mostly 14"-14 1/4" pull length which some people find short, but the combs were nice and high (usually about 1 3/8" and 2 1/4" drop). I hope that helps.
Joe Bernfeld
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Parker repro - 09/15/07 02:08 AM
One is a DISCONTINUED collectible+shooter the other is just a shooter. Local boys lust what's made no more!
Posted By: builder Re: Parker repro - 09/15/07 12:00 PM
The repro will most likely go up in value over time whereas the AYA will not.
Posted By: Randall Re: Parker repro - 09/15/07 02:16 PM
If you don't buy the Parker Repro, and it's a SG, SFE, DT gun, let me know, as I have a friend that very well might.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com