doublegunshop.com - home
Fall's runnin' a little late this year!
Could it be my carbon foot-print, with my Carolla?
The harvest moon has come and gone, corns been cut - and its almost 90 today.
Frost on the pumpkin seems a long ways off, it was a field day for all the bitting bugs both flying and crawling.
Sat by the lake for a short time with my Remmy 1894 and some Gamebore Blackpowder shells, until being run-off.
Hard to get into the mood, when it feels like the Fourth of July.
Ya...........boy it sure is hot!
Yup...
Cold/damp out West. La Nino means all Fall/Winter might be this way. Drive them Hummers some more.
Great Lakes low; don't freeze in winter, lot of evaporation. Sure staying hot. Probably a plot to save fossil fuel.

jack
Sighted in the deer rifles this morning with perspiration rolling down my nose. Humidity in south GA about 120%.
Dove shoot this afternoon was a misery till finally rained out.

I can hardly WAIT for the Canadian prairies in a couple of weeks...Geo
Nov weather here in the Northwest. Snow on the higher Cascade passes. All this after a cool and damp summer. Send some of that "Global Warming" this way.
It's been 90 here in SW Ont. for the last 2 days, just unbeleivable but I think this is our future. Sighting in the old .300 Weath. Mag. #1 Ruger became a real chore, it got uncomfortable just to be outside. --- John Can.
It's starting out as a typical Oct-cool and wet! Don't need the heat, but sure could use some drier weather for next weekend's pheasant opener.
LOwell you'll be looking for an extra pair before you know it.
j0e, after receiving my carepackage of woolie things from Orvis, it turned hot!
...but not hot enough for me not to nail-up my new designer quality "Git outta here" no huntin'signs!
" fodders in the shock" What? This is ultimately a DOUBLE BARREL bulletin board system....You go around trashing other members postings, belittleling them, devaluing their opinions...and this is the completely off subject garbage that you post? Some who's 'ur poet non-sense?

You have been attacking my posts for so long that I can't take it anymore...I would rather bring the vicious behavior to your threads...so that you can see what it feels like...

to quote yourself..."Sat by the lake for a short time with my Remmy 1894 and some Gamebore Blackpowder shells, until being run-off"...
I understand this is a "leading statement" but no one wants to know what you were doing with your Remmy that caused you to be run off. Keep your twisted behavior to yourself...

For those reading out of context...Lowell has been doing similar stuff to many, many members...when he did it to me last time, I decided to turn the hunter (lowell) into the hunted...so before his circle of jerk friends JUMP ALL CONCLUSIONS and accuse me of being OFFENSIVE...bear in mind that I am trying to give this pompous ass a taste of his own medicine...so that he will hopefully curtail his vicious postings in the future...

Not only does he stay off thread...he posts whole threads that have NOTHING to do with double collecting...so that his friends who have NOTHING to say about doubles can chime in about his wardrobe...about the heat...and about his pompous behavior...

I'm tired of being bashed...until this 'mo says "TRUCE", I'm going to continue to bring it to him, rather than he bring it to our threads...I say "our" because so many members have emailed me in support of me FINALLY taking a stand against LOWELL GLENTHORNE...

REMEMBER...all that Lowell has to do is type the word "TRUCE"...but he will not because it is HE who is behind all this non-sense...so keep your conclusion jumping opinion to yourself...

fodders in the shock...try discussing doubles once in a while

I bet even Robert'O will wear his longjOhns while he types....

yOu don't type in the neWd do you ?
homOjoe,
It's all about the O isn't it...No I don't type nude...My computer is in the kitchen...not in the bedroom of my parents house like Lowell's
I think you've been warned enough about the rasist and hOmO remarks...

Robert'O sweety.

What's the matter, did I misspell your name...traditionally that's been your MO...you don't like it when someone does to you...
Edit your destructive posts from Rev's thread, and type the word "TRUCE" and I will follow suit...

c'mon...T...R...U...C...E...both of you guys...and please don't misspell it
Get yOur medication checked...
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I think you've been warned enough about the rasist and hOmO remarks...

Robert'O sweety.

homOjoe,
Here is a tip...when you're typing, proof read before clicking the submit button...
There is something significant in the fact that the most brazen racist on this system thinks racist is spelled "rasist".
Shall I dig up some of your old posts to prove to everyone what a racist dog you truly are?

I don't know if there are any prerequisites to being a racist, but not knowing how to spell it 2 minutes after reading it, is probably one of them...
C'mon...let's just try it...T....R...U...C...E...,

If you can't call a permanent truce, think of it as a temporary cease fire, that has the potential of lasting awhile...I know how much you and Lowell "get off" on taking pot shots at other members, so you'll probably have to be reminded from time to time anyway....

T...R...U...C...E...
The heat and INSECTS sure can get "under" ones skin!
You boys have a choice pistols or sabers!
Joe,
Seriously, can't you see how Lowell is quick to begin with the snide comments...and like a friend, you are quick to support him...maybe too quick...and when I square off with you.. He's no where to be found...can't you just type "truce"

Jager,
It's not the heat...it's not the insects...it's the vandalism...I woke up this morning to some vandal, pooping all over the acedemic "damascus explained" thread about misspelled psychedelic drugs...so please don't cloud the issue...it's not the heat, it's the pigeons...
Dave, time for the hook. oR the men in white coats.
Robert, Lowell's speciality is irrelevance, Joe's is irreverence, and none of us, including yourself, can spell. We all have a rough idea when various lines have been crossed; would you mind terribly backing up past the one marked libel?

I'd like to know more about your scholarship on Emil Flues and I think your suggestion that you have possession or oversight of his former gun-making premises. If you'd start a new thread, I'll make a special effort not to push any buttons. I hope we're all capable of being "gentlemen by policy" when necessary. I think that time has come to find out.

Jack Gilmore
There you go again Robert.....acting like an ass. Grow up!
We can't even talk about fall approaching without Robert'O loosing it....lol

Did Emil Flues wear PendletOns ?
Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
Edit your destructive posts from Rev's thread, and type the word "TRUCE" and I will follow suit...

c'mon...T...R...U...C...E...both of you guys...and please don't misspell it

t w U c e ...you're the only one at war Robert'tOe

friends:

I find Lowell to be a quite creative writer. For the most part his comments are entertaining. When I find one which is not, I just skip over it.

Perhaps some folks cannot easily find the "skip over" or "down arrow" key.

I find some of the current sexual innuendo and slurs, the ad hominem attacks, and things of that ilk to be a bit junior high, and decidedly lacking in courtesy and gentlemanly bearing. It is also a distraction.

BG Lewis Armistead and MG William Hancock could remain friends while battleing each other to the death- can't we friends of double guns and the field sports not maintain at least a level of common courtesy in our discourse?

My thoughts.

Regards to all.

GKT
Hey LG, did you get the one from jm about never finding anything "offensive or otherwise" in your posts? I don't recall you sprouting any wild hairs over that. An example to us all.

jack
Rabbit, thank you...I will post in a new thread

Greg,
Oh yeah...it's real "entertaining" how they've reduced Rev's observation of the possibility that there may be a pattern of similarity of damascus and the highly stylized Islamic writing...to psychedelic drugs and medications...Sorry, I find nothing humorous about these snide comments...when you support these comments, you too, undermine everyone's acedemic efforts.

everything but.... T R U C E
Robert....Me thinks that Lowell meant he was run of by the bugs.....just expressed in his DGJ Poet Laureate manner

Try to think of Lowell more or less as our version of the Col. on the back pages of that other magazine...or the old Lewisly speaking articles at the back of the old GunWorld mags....a little out of sync but in a harmless way.....
Whew! thanks gunut...I can never tell where he's headed...especially with all his sexual double entendre...most of his band of merry readers don't even notice it...but joey does...look, he's got all these guys discussing his wardrobe...on a double barrel bulletin system
Weren't yOu the guy that said he typed in the neWd...

with crisp fall air approaching I suspect Lowell will spend more time in his PendletOns.
Robert's academics, notice the correct spelling here Robert - is a cover for a very lonely man caught-up in a freak-show lifestyle.
C'mon your both here now...

I'll go first...

Truce!
Ever since I pushed the IGNORE button on Chambers, I have worried that I might be missing something important he might be posting. Judging by the replies I'm reading to his posts, I guess I'm missing nothing...Geo
Robert'O....Ever hear the saying "Take No quarters"
homOjoe,
Your vicious behavior is only matched by your Archie Bunker ignorance...the expression I think your looking for is "give no quater" that means show no mercy...
But I like yours better "take no quarters" ...you must need them for the vending machines...
Please end this battle of the wits...I feel like I'm battling an unarmed man...
Robert'O...Only a whitless person would fret over a k'waaata.
Hey Lowell,
I have an idea...how 'bout we call a "truce" and you can go back to your "lifestyle", I'll return to my academic postings...with an agreement of no more pooping on other members posts or each others.
This has to be possible...I can't believe that you enjoy bashing members SO MUCH...that you can't agree to such simple terms...besides these terms should stand without my asking...

surely, even you can see the absurdity of your posititon...you won't allow me to post pictures of the Deforney factory floor (in Liege), because a black man appears in the photo, yet somehow you feel completely justified in posting plagiarized poety and comments about your wardrobe...What gives here?
Robert,

As has been alluded to in this thread, it is possible to "ignore" a poster. Click on their name and select "Ignore this poster". You will then be unable to see their words/name. Voila! Opaque pooping posts! YAY!

One can never truly escape inanity but it is probably wise for you to ignore same if it bugs the living daylights out of you. There's really no need to be distracted from your academic pursuits.
thank you...I will attempt to do that...I had mistakenly thought that if you click the ignore button that the person couldn't PM you...I didn't realize it blocks their postings from your (my) computer

Wow...it worked...thank you...too bad I'll never know if Lowell and mOjoe opted for a truce...probaly not anyway...

thank you again for spelling it out to me
Robert'O...thanks for ignOring me....I think it best before yOu end up in the nutt hOuse.
Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
Hey Lowell,
I have an idea...how 'bout we call a "truce" and you can go back to your "lifestyle", I'll return to my academic postings...with an agreement of no more pooping on other members posts or each others.
This has to be possible...I can't believe that you enjoy bashing members SO MUCH...that you can't agree to such simple terms...besides these terms should stand without my asking...

surely, even you can see the absurdity of your posititon...you won't allow me to post pictures of the Deforney factory floor (in Liege), because a black man appears in the photo, yet somehow you feel completely justified in posting plagiarized poety and comments about your wardrobe...What gives here?

What gives ?

Fall is in the air...Lowell I predict an absurdly beautiful fall...I've dug out my Pendletons.

Could you favor us with more of your plagiarized poetry....I find it rather acidemically amuzing myself.

HJ,
You're tripping over some misspellings. Have you been reloading your large gauge with Purple Dot?

Peace, Love and Tie Dye,
Lifestyling Yeti
I was shooting them just the other day...got some Copper plated #4's they made all the difference in the world. Now my 40 yard pattern looks better than my 35 yard....plus the Copper color matches the fall foliage.....now all I need is a turkey to try them out on.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com