doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: John Mann If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:34 AM
I had reason to check. We have 7358 members at this time.
90+% have never posted !! Nearly 90% have three or fewer posts.
I am astounded to think that so few of us are taking so much of Dave's bandwidth.
Here is what I would like to determine.
If you lurk and read, are you willing to be counted as present???
If so,
Please post your being here and say hello. We are brothers and sisters in "arms". I wish to say hello to the silent great majority !!!:}
Please make an old man's day and post a howdy.
Best,
John
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:35 AM
I am here, Howdy John.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:43 AM
I'm present & accounted for Mr. Mann.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: J.B. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:53 AM
Mr. Mann, I dont know much so I dont post much. Think of me as a silent sponge...
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:57 AM
Is it just us Old Farts that can't seem to sleep that are up saying Howdy to O.F. Bro John? If someone else posts that is not in that category, would you please say so. I know there are lots of Old Farts here to be honored for their gun knowledge, sometimes I can't identify them from the Younguns.
Posted By: Terry Buffum Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:58 AM
John,

You'll hear from me when I have something of value to add. Otherwise, I just read. Thanks for asking!

Terry
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:06 AM
Hello my friend. I'm always around & always look forward to your post ! Ken
Posted By: J.B. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:14 AM
Chief, I am probably one of the younger guns. I will turn 28 this month although I bought my first double when I was 18 and was shooting my dads when I was 13. -JB
Posted By: tw Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:19 AM
Some truth in Chief's remark .. ODGFTCS, 'Old Doublegun F**ts That Can't Sleep', pronunciation: "odd gifts"? Of course our Brit & European friends will be finding the hour early rather than late and our Russian friends could find us a day behind, lots of time zones in Russia.

I sent you a PM on the oil/abrasive question, John. Not positive my PM function is operative, looks to be OK from my end, but never sure.
Posted By: Hawaiian Uplands Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:57 AM
Just learning as I watch experts debate subjects that interest me, and some that don't.
Posted By: jas Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:10 AM
Enjoy all the posts, jas
Posted By: GD Yankee Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:11 AM
Reporting as ordered, Sir.

How are the grouse this year. I'm stuck living in the flatlands of western TN, but home is the Granite State. It was 85 degrees today and my new RBL has only skeet to slay.

Dave
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:46 AM
Here sir!
Posted By: Birdog Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:46 AM
Howdy John & The Board of Brothers & Sisters of the Doublegun
Just finished breakfast and thinking of taking the mare for a saunter up the hill road.

All is well.
T.C.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:22 AM
I am here too, reading every day and post sometimes.

Reg.Lennart
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:24 AM
There's a popular (though not quite politically correct) Russian joke about a person who wasnted to enter a creative writing school. It turned out that this person never read a single "great" novel in his lifetime. "Ah ain't no reader" - he explained - "Ah's writer!"

The reverse of this joke probably explains the behaviour of many "watchers" of this forum. Speaking for myself, "Ah ain't no writer, Ah's reader" - because I seldom have any information to share, but it's very educative to read most of the posts.
Posted By: smlekid Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:51 AM
I'm here just on the other side of the pond!!!
Posted By: Cary Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 09:41 AM
Friend John- Still lurking after, what, seven or eight years? Check in every day but don't post unless I have something to add.

Cary
Posted By: MtnGun Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:17 AM
Hello Sir.
Posted By: Lee the First Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:42 AM
Present & accounted for. Lee
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:11 AM
Hi John
I've been lurking alot and responding little lately.
Steve
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:16 AM
Good morning Vietnam
Posted By: David Williamson Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:16 AM
John, love the site, love the wisdom of most and love double guns.
Posted By: popplecop Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:33 AM
Here as usual everyday.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:37 AM
Your Hbl Obdt Svt!
Posted By: Marc Stokeld Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 12:09 PM
I think a lot of people find this site through google and use it to answer a handful of questions about an old gun the inherited or saw in a store. I have gone through the hoops of registering in sites so I could post 1-5 times. When I got my questions answered, I was fat, dumb, and happy and never went back.

I read this site a couple of times a day but hardly ever post. Most folks here know a lot more about shotguns than I do, that's for sure!

Plus, until a releatively short time ago, I could email Russ and get a very in-depth answer to my question with no fear of the (small) peanut gallery hi-jacking the thread.
Posted By: Marshgrass Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 12:20 PM
I'm here. Checking it out every morning and trying to follow the advise of the wise old owl.
Posted By: ShootingStar Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 12:21 PM
Standing by, milling around smartly...

Posted By: JayCee Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 12:21 PM
Hello John,

Here, with less stars than I started with and Always Learning.

JC(AL)
Posted By: Retriever Believer Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 12:45 PM
Present.
Posted By: Ian Nixon Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 12:48 PM
Shaved, showered, READY for duty, SIR!!!
Checking in as part of my morning routine for my first "fix" of the day.
I look in on this, the finest BBS of its type, several times daily....and participate on this BBS when I have some REAL LIFE experience or knowledge to relate that contributes in a POSITIVE way to the intent of the original post (I hope so, anyway). Sadly, I observe that there are several posters whose presence and "activism' stifles further participation by some of the rank & file. Late last night, for the first time, I activated the "Ignore' feature on this BBS on two characters in the recent "dust-up".
I think the "peanut gallery' reference in previous post hits the nail on the head and needs more attention from "in charge, but not responsible".
Offered IMHO & FWIW....with respect and THANKS to a number of very knowledgeable folks who DO post on this BBS and share their experience and research.
Posted By: Dick_dup1 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:00 PM
Here!-Dick
Posted By: Ted Huff Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:05 PM
Back from a wonderful week-end of shooting in the general vicinity of grouse and woodcock. (One of each accidentally flew into my shot string - it wasn't my fault)

I check in almost every day, but rarely have anything significant to add, but I do learn a lot from the very knowledgable people on this board.
Posted By: Dave M. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:07 PM
Howdy John :-)
I read more than I post, but I'm here daily.
Best Regards to You Sir,
Dave Miles
Posted By: oganza Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:18 PM
Add me to the list John. I am mostly a lurker, but have asked a couple of ID questions and one on making hammer springs. You may remember that you helped me identify a (probably) Japanese copy of a Westley Richards Connaught. I have since found a second specimen that is nearly identical to the first and is definately Japanese (maker is Mashi). The price was even more ridiculous than the first (although it was in pieces and needed new hammer springs). Thanks again for the identification help.

A mid-life trip to law school has kept me from having the time or money for projects, although I have several that I will get to in the next couple of years. I need to find some way to keep the engineering skills sharp. I graduate in December, so hopefully I will have plenty of questions that need answered in the middle of next year as the shop gets larger and shotgun projects start.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:19 PM
nope, absent
Posted By: granite Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:20 PM
Here!
Granite
Posted By: Baron23 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:27 PM
I rarely post, I certainly do not have the expertise of most on this board re: double guns.

I have found many very interesting topics such as those on slacum oil and alknet root.
Posted By: CJO Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:33 PM
Sorry I'm late,.....was busy scouting for geese this morning!

All Best!
CJ
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:43 PM
Here I am.
Posted By: smilinjohn Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:49 PM
I'm here, John! Check in most days and contribute when I have something to say.....mostly a reader, though.

John
Posted By: smilinjohn Re: If here, count off !!! *DELETED* - 10/22/07 01:50 PM
Post deleted by smilinjohn
Posted By: Mr W martin Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:52 PM
this board is helpful and interesting.i will help with info when possible and ask for help if required.
cheers all
Posted By: quickdraw Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 01:55 PM
Present and accounted for.

Great forum. I enjoy everybody's posts.
Posted By: Bill G. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 02:01 PM
I'm here reading the interesting stuff only.

Bill G.
Posted By: Ed Stabler Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 02:28 PM
I'm here, John. Haven't participated as much as I used to lately. Been busy with the horses and having some health issues dealt with. The light at the end of the tunnel is definitely not an oncoming train. -- Ed
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 02:40 PM
South central Kansas checking in.
Posted By: Birdawg Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 02:45 PM
WaHo, Sir!
Posted By: MooseGoosers Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 02:49 PM
I'm here!

I lurk most of the time. I'm a lowly 21 owner:):) so I dont wanna get beat up to bad:):):) and may I say,, my personal apperence matches my gun!:):)

I'm known as MooseGooser most everywhere else. I have been called "Gooser" since I was 15. I enjoy this board very much--Especially you Mr Mann!
Yea I know,, I need a spell checker,, But it prolly wouldnt help, Cripes,, The Nuns tried to fix me for years!!:):)

Gooser
Posted By: J Randol Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 02:50 PM
I am not a regular poster but I do enjoy reading and learning from those that do.

JWR
Posted By: sowega 01 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 02:51 PM
I check most everyday.

Thanks Dave!

Sowega 01
Posted By: Mike B. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:06 PM
Here Sir
I figure I'll learn more by watching and listening than talking!
My four legged partners are great teachers every trip. As is this board every visit.
Hike B.
Posted By: Jakearoo Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:07 PM
John, Not one of the shy ones but here and reporting in. IMHO this is the best collection of gentlemen on the net. Smart, knowledgeable, generous and courteous (for the most part). My pleasure. RCC
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:10 PM
Like many, I post on occasion if I think I have something to add (a rare event), but mostly try to learn from the variety of questions and answers posted on this site.

Perhaps most important is that while a member for only a few years, I've made an effort to participate in Mr. Weber's annual call for monetary support (however meager). I trust all who post or "lurk" on this forum (and I do mean ALL) donate a few dollars each year to ensure the exchange of information continues.
Posted By: gunut Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:12 PM
here........own some doubles [horizonal/vertical] but mostly post about pumps...[12,42,..37]...........
Posted By: Dave K Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:17 PM
still here,first board I joined and still the best.
Thanks Dave great board
Posted By: Newlyn1 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:21 PM
Count me among those that have more to learn than to say. But I read almost every day.
Posted By: NiklasP Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:21 PM
Thís is easily my most favorate gunboard and has always been.

Am mostly a reader but do post when I have something to ask about or to add. I do wonder how many of those 90% that only posted 3-4 times are the folks that want to know something about Grampa's old double, or a double they are considering buying, etc.?

Niklas
Posted By: gil russell Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:23 PM
Present.
Posted By: TexasGerd Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:26 PM
Here...
Posted By: Rocketman Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:29 PM
Here!
Posted By: Distel Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:29 PM
I'm here,John, but if I don't have anything cogent and on the subject,I generally don't speak up. Then too,I am such a poor typist it probably take me twice as long to say something exactly the way I want to say it.I blame this on a long line of nuns beginning with Sister Mary Mildred,OSM and her successors,now all among the departed."The evil that nuns do lives after them,the good is oft interred with their bones" Oh wait! That was Caesar.I misspoke. Sorry.
Best Regards
Gene
Posted By: pj moran Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:34 PM
Howdy
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:34 PM
Good morning, all.
jl
Posted By: RMC Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:48 PM
YO from Northern Michigan. This BBS beats TV hands down. You southern guys, heads up, we're sending woodcock and waterfowl your way. Take as many cormorants as you can. Thanks to all for your contributions, comments, humor and allowing all of us to speak our peace without being shamed or ridiculed. Enyoy your day, Randy
Posted By: turnagain Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 03:52 PM
Good Morning everyone,

Little to say, much to learn.

Thank you Dave Weber for hosting such a informative BB.

SJS
Posted By: Lawrence Kotchek Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:10 PM
I am here reading mostly, I post if there is something I can add that is useful. Thats usually not the case.
So, call me a lurker and a bottom feeder too, my feeling are not hurt.
Thanks All
Lawrence
Posted By: mark Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:15 PM
here
Posted By: Steve Lawson Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 04:22 PM
Greetings!!! Y'all!
Posted By: Pinduck Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:11 PM
Present.
Glen
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:28 PM
I visit several times each day and learn something new with each visit. I rarely post because I am still very much a student here. My very narrow field of interest is Parker guns but I will read threads here that catch my eye.

Thanks for the opportunity, Dave and others, to come here in order that I might gain further knowledge in guns and such.

Dean
Posted By: crossedchisles Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:35 PM
JM, So much to learn,So little time!..trevallion.
Posted By: 775 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:35 PM
I'm here....I think.......
Posted By: Pat White Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 05:39 PM
I still enjoy visiting. Have added 8 doubles since I started coming here (that's guns, not birds; my skill is far less than my meager collection funds). Best to you John for starting the thread.
Posted By: jmc Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: RMC
YO from Northern Michigan. This BBS beats TV hands down. You southern guys, heads up, we're sending woodcock and waterfowl your way. Take as many cormorants as you can. Thanks to all for your contributions, comments, humor and allowing all of us to speak our peace without being shamed or ridiculed. Enyoy your day, Randy

Here!

Randy - they must be taking their time... no ducks (or water) here yet!

-Jerry
Posted By: Bill9430 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:02 PM
I'm here, John. I mostly lurk several times a week. I've added an RBL and Fox S-worth based on good information you fine gentlemen have shared. Thanks to Dave for hosting!
Posted By: Two Triggers Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:05 PM
I'm virtually here. TT
Posted By: RHD45 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:11 PM
Hello, I'm new here as far as posting but have learned a lot reading for many months.
Posted By: kopkai Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:13 PM
Been lurking since '96. Learned a lot, unfortunately I can't contribute anywhere near what I've gleaned. Also a great group of people!

Iggy
Posted By: Tom C Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:23 PM
Always watching and learning here - and spending money based on the good info. I always get here.

Thanks.
Posted By: sxsman1 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:30 PM
I'm here, reading every day.
Pete
Posted By: JOSHUA LANE Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:32 PM
Count me in!
Posted By: erik meade Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 06:41 PM
I'm still here.

Been reading regularly since long ago since the early days of threaded posts. I would contribute more, as I do on other boards, but frankly I just do not feel my knowledge and experience even approaches those who contribute regularly. I'd rather just learn.
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:02 PM
I mostly feel the same as Erik and others have expressed about this board. Lots to learn here from many who know their stuff.

Jay
Posted By: Anonymous Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:06 PM
Here! Almost every day. 8.6 posts per month, .33 questions .33 thank-yous and .33 nonsense.
Posted By: devrep Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:14 PM
yo
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:18 PM
Count me among the living.

TB
Posted By: labznducks Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:18 PM
Mostly here most of the time.....according to my wife and kids. Sure enjoy the wealth of knowledge contributed by those far more knowledgable on the subject than myself and have learned much. Thank you Dave and the regulars for being the "poster group" for the sport.

Rob
Posted By: Hansli Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:25 PM
President.
Posted By: Gr8day Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:28 PM
Infrequent poster, but lurking. Also looking for a 16g Sterly FYI.
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 07:48 PM
Here daily.
Posted By: GRS Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:01 PM
I'm here John, part of the silent majority.

GRS
Posted By: Gregdownunder Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:05 PM
You most southern member (I think) present.
Posted By: Roy Eckrose Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:07 PM
Howdy, John!
Posted By: tmaple Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:20 PM
Yo
Posted By: Sidekick Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:20 PM
I mostly lurk. Maybe check the site about once or twice a week. Lot's of good info here.
Posted By: Randall Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:32 PM
Check.
Posted By: eugene molloy Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:36 PM
Bore da!

eug
Posted By: 10-Bore Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:40 PM
Here John.
Learn something new on every visit. Many thanks to Dave Weber for hosting a forum where the exchange of invaluable information takes place daily.

10-Bore
Posted By: GJZ Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 08:59 PM
Don't often post but rarely miss a day of reading.
gjz
Posted By: Mark Dube Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 09:37 PM
Still checking in regularly!

Mark
Posted By: FHALZ@AOL.COM Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 09:45 PM
I read these post every day. The people on this board are great and have a ton of info on just about every gun that was made. I have posted a few times, when I can help, but I am aways here. Thanks, Frank
Posted By: cheapskate Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 09:58 PM
Very few days go by that I don't check the board, but there are few topics that I feel qualified to sound off on.
Posted By: sweep Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:38 PM
I'm here often, listening and reading between the lines. Now that I am caught, Dave, I will need to join and ante up for I do enjoy the company. Check will be coming soon. Thank You
Posted By: Subgauge Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:41 PM
Yo!
Posted By: Mitch Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:41 PM
Hello John, I'm still here I'm just not qualified to contribute very much.
Posted By: HIGH$TRAP Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:41 PM
Hi John, I'am here, in the shadows double clicking away so as not to miss anything,LOL. Great site Dave provides for us here !!
Beast regards, R Rambler
Posted By: Philbert Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:42 PM
I'm here several times a day. Great info. Stuff I didn't know I didn't know. Thanks to all.

Phil
Posted By: Brian Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:44 PM
here for the long haul

brian
Posted By: Katie and Jessie Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 10:46 PM
I am here John.

Best to you also.

Regards, Gordon
Posted By: Cameron Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:03 PM
John,
Check in daily-post rarely! Thanks for asking!

Best,
Cameron
Posted By: George L. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:07 PM
HI JOHN! I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT I'M NOT ALL THERE BUT I AM DEFINITELY HERE! I'VE ENJOYED READING YOUR POSTS ON THE ROBERT/THORNY/JOE CAVALCADE. YOU SEEM TO BE A VERY SMART GUY. ONE WHO KEEPS HIS HEAD WHEN ALL THOSE ABOUT US ARE LOSING THEIRS.

BEST REGARDS, GEORGE
Posted By: uplander Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:20 PM
Present and accounted for. Read often Post rarely
John
Posted By: terc Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:36 PM
Here everyday,occasional post
Dave
Posted By: steve voss Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/22/07 11:45 PM
Checking in.
Posted By: Bill Meyer Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 12:13 AM
My name is Bill, and I'm a lurker.
Posted By: dbadcraig Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 12:19 AM
Here-

Doug
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 12:53 AM
Hey Cuz it's me - I'm here. Give me an email shout if you get a chance.

Doug
Posted By: King Brown Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 12:53 AM
Here, King
Posted By: bbman3 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 12:55 AM
John, you are the Mann! Here, Bobby
Posted By: Ken Georgi Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:07 AM
Check in every day.

Ken
Posted By: Jeff L. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:08 AM
John,
I'm here, often, but strictly a lurker trying to learn. My number of posts should verify such a claim.

I am young(ish) and certainly haven't related knowledge to impart. When funds finally amass for the purchase of that perfect Fox grouse getter, I may present some questions.

Thanks to all who make this site so good.

Yes, I must owe Dave money because I think I'm addicted to this site.

Jeff
Posted By: Joe Bernfeld Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:10 AM
Had to say hello, John. Boy, you are up either really late or really early! (12:30 AM?).
Joe Bernfeld
Posted By: h d hawg'r Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:17 AM
I'm here too. Check in pretty regular, just don't usually have anything intelligent to add so I mostly lurk.
Posted By: dogon Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:55 AM
John, I'm here and check-in everyday, I watch a lot and only post if I feel I have some thing constructive to add.

I sure enjoy the whole gang here and have sure learned a bunch from the knowledge that is shared here.
Posted By: Bouvier Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:11 AM
Here almost every day

Al
Posted By: MnFn Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:12 AM
I usually check the board daily, but don't have much experience to offer, so don't post much. I have learned a lot from you guys. thanks..
My foster son and I chased one ruffed grouse around this week end in MN, got only one shot and missed. I still shoot my O/U's better than the SXS's. But I enjoy shooting them all.
Gary
Posted By: Stever Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:16 AM
I am here quite often - usually, at least several times a week, but have been very busy the last couple of weeks so have been scarce. I don't hesitate to post if I have an opinion on something or feel I have something pertinent to add. I have learned a great deal from the forum members here. Thanks!
Posted By: JDH Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:26 AM
I visit this site nearly every day.
Posted By: jim sears Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:41 AM
I lookin most every day. I havent had much to say since Wonko stopped talking, He who must not be named was kicked off and John Meeker doesn't regularly submit his writings. I do submit something when I have something to contribute.
I am leaving in a couple of days for a 10 day WILD [I guess that is important] ROOSTER hunt in my home town of Decatur Nebraska. I will be accompanied by my two sons, some old friends and the 3 best bird dogs I have had the pleasure of hunting over. So, you will forgive me for not having much to say for awhile.

Tight lines Jim Sears
Posted By: Tom W Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:49 AM
I'm here... read it nearly every day. Primarily a rifle person but have BSS, Win 23, RBL -so am a sort of enthusiast?

Tom Wright
Posted By: Doug Waterman Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 03:11 AM
I'm here....
Posted By: DES/TSD Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 03:12 AM
John,

Present and accounted for when not making wood chips/dust/splinters.
Posted By: wallis vernon Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 03:42 AM
I'm here also. I dont post often unless I have something to add to a subject --or have something to brag about. I read and learn a lot here though..
Posted By: Jolly Bill Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 03:57 AM
I'm a daily visitor who mostly reads, but very occasionally has something to contribute.

And why not after having purchased my first side by side, a 12 gauge Ithaca Lefever for $20.00, just about exactly 50 years ago this month when I got out of the Navy.

And now many doubles later, mostly Fox'es, wouldn't have it any other way.

Bill Jolliff
Posted By: Peter B. Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 04:15 AM
Here today and every day. I am full of questions but usually find the answers without asking.
Posted By: dogdigger Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 07:02 AM
Also check in everyday but started a new job and have been to busy.
Posted By: Berrien Moore Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 09:14 AM
Hello--

The site helps to keep me sane--I mainly learn since I rarely know enough to teach

Berrien
Posted By: smac Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 09:42 AM
Hi from downunder check most nights long time veiwer just like to look and learn will start to try and post more in future .
Posted By: Bret Adams Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 11:14 AM
I used to be here all the time, but my phases of interest change from time to time. I did just buy a "new" double a couple weeks ago, a Tenite Stevens 311, and the next day it was in the canoe, with duckweed and mud all over it, from my dog tramping on it, and it didn't bother me a bit!
Posted By: JohnM Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:08 PM
Still here; still learning. This is the "Gold Standard" of the BBS business, IMHO.

"Good to see ya, again." for a fine group of cyber friends, and "Nice to meetcha." for the new or infrequently posting members.

John Meeker
West End of Lake Erie
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:32 PM
Always buzzing around, looking for fresh ointment.
Posted By: Ed Pirie Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:39 PM
Hi:

Still here, but mostly as a reader/learner. I know so little compared to most of you that it is not often I can chip in on any threads. I do learn an awful lot from most of you and enjoy this board very much. I may never get up to speed, but I appreciate all your knowledge and good spirited support.

Ed Pirie
West Topsham, Vermont
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 01:57 PM
I'm here once or twice a day but haven't posted much lately. It's prime fishing season here on LI Sound, been on the water as often as possible.

Then I noticed that the class had gotten out of hand, that turned me off a bit. Now that Teacher's taken back control of the class I should be posting a bit more.
Posted By: Berrien Moore Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:09 PM
Bravo for teachers and the Teacher Dave

Berrien
Posted By: RedofTx Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:29 PM
Hello. I'm here too.

I read alot and post less.

Dave, thanks for a site where I can learn about doubleguns.
Posted By: MPE Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:44 PM
Hello,

I am still here. I read a lot and post if I feel I can add anything good to the string.

Take care,

Mike
<><
Posted By: Jeff Mull Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 02:44 PM
Read every day, post once in a while. There is little that I know enough about to add any value, so unlike some of the playground roughnecks I know when to lay low.

Jeff
Posted By: vh20 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 04:27 PM
Hello, John. Yes, I'm still here.
Posted By: Dave J Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 04:45 PM
Good morning John, checking in from Missouri. As with many others, I have much more to learn than share, so I am a daily reader and infrequent poster. Love the knowledge shared, hope to be able to reciprocate some day......

Dave
dnj21
Posted By: mike hensley Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 04:56 PM
Been here since early 1997. Used to participate fully, but got tired of the bipolar bitterness of one of the members toward me when I tried to have a civil conversation with him. I note that he is still suffering from it, as the last week's discourse makes clear. So now I mostly just lurk. It is still a great BBS, though I really miss Russ, Oscar, and the Wise one.
Posted By: Kerryman Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 05:48 PM
Evening from Ireland! I check periodically, work/travel permitting, learn a lot and contribute only when I have something of value to add (which is very little when it comes to guns!)
K.
Posted By: Greg Hartman Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 06:05 PM
I’m a member.

Only check in here very rarely because I’m into pointy dogs; wingshooting in wild places both near and far; and target shooting – not collecting and double gun minutia. Also, my guns are hard-used modern Famars, Bertuzzi and the like - not the museum quality American Classics and old Brit stuff that seem to be the main focus here.

That said, I’ve never found a better source for obscure double gun info. Thanks for providing this BB!!
Posted By: BrianB Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 06:45 PM
Hey, John. Please count me in.
Posted By: QTRHRS Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 08:18 PM
Thirty plus yrs. of doing this, shelves of books, boxes of tools and still a lot more to learn than to contribute. I read it all but certain threads are sufficiently scholarly to be, or have a nugget of info. that is, invaluable. Geno and the ref. to littlegun, M. Petrov and single shots, revdocdrew and damascus plus lots more. Thanks
Posted By: Classicioi Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 08:31 PM
Hello John,

I have asked questions many times and have always received enough valid information to get me headed in the right direction.

Thanks Dave
Posted By: StormsGSP Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 08:58 PM
Here and soaking up all the info. As the youngest member (I assume) of the BB, I know I have a helluva lot to learn!

Alex
Posted By: bay Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 09:16 PM
Hi John.

Here.

-brian
Posted By: tony kosinski Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 09:55 PM
i am still here ..though i don't start much but i sure read lots ..good stuff here ..love it ..tony
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 11:34 PM
I'm here John. Been gone a lot lately, both in and out of the USofA. Good to be back.
Posted By: Tomball Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 11:50 PM
Visit most days and find this a very good place to get an education, most days.

Benny
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/23/07 11:53 PM
Hey, John. Still down heah', wheah' you belong, you misplaced low-country geechee. Still hopin' you can come back down heah' during dove season someday.
Posted By: Don Moody Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 12:33 AM
Hello, John.
All the best to you.
Posted By: Don Hardin Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 12:39 AM
I'm still here, enjoy the information,not the badgering. Don Hardin
Posted By: Derrick Stewart Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 01:37 AM
Hi John, Im here and this old dog at 41 yrs old learns something new everyday from the knowledgle posters here. Keep up the good work.
Derrick Stewart
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 04:20 AM
WHO DEY?? WHO DEY??
Posted By: T. Boone Berlin Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 04:28 AM
Here! Always reading when ever and where ever I can...
Posted By: achilles Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 09:31 AM
Don't post much but browse every day
Posted By: montenegrin Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 11:16 AM
Present!

Kind regards,
Jani
Posted By: jjwag69 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 11:19 AM
I visit the site a couple of times a day on most days. Just returned from the UK and Ireland on holiday trip and enjoyed visiting some of the locations mentioned by members of this Board. Really enjoyed time spent at Wm Evans in London. Great sporting clothing located at the House of Braur located at Braur, Scotland. Good food also.

Thanks to the many great, and sometimes humorous, contributions by all of you!

Jim
Posted By: bluedcanoed Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 12:03 PM
I'm here nearly every day

Cheers,
Bob
Posted By: Bill W Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 01:05 PM
I`m here. It is the best place in town.
Thanks guys.
Posted By: Ithaca16 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 01:22 PM
Hi I am also here 4 to 5 day's a week.
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 01:40 PM
count me in - paul
Posted By: Anton Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 02:41 PM
Add one more to the pile.

Anton
Posted By: David Furman Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 03:10 PM
John, I check in a couple times a week. I don't count myself as very knowlegeable, so I tend to do more absorbing of info than posting.
Posted By: improved modified Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 06:56 PM
I post when not huning
Posted By: Phail Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/24/07 07:51 PM
Avid Onlooker. Occasional Poster.
Feeds my Addiction.
Thanks Dave for you Time and Efforts.
Bill McPhail
Posted By: JWT Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 01:01 AM
Howdy John,At my age ,I'm always trying to learn something new about Double Guns. JWT
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 01:16 AM
I check in here fairly often. I don't add much, but I've taken away a lot. This is the first internet BB I started visiting about 10 years ago.
Posted By: CASEY C._dup1 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 01:38 AM
I am allways here
Casey
Posted By: John Mann Re: If here, count off !!! *DELETED* - 10/25/07 04:45 PM
Post deleted by John Mann
Posted By: ArnoldB Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 05:17 PM
Reporting for readers duty
Posted By: rgh2 Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 05:43 PM
I read the posts almost every day and ask questions now and then. I recently asked about a source for a butt stock for my 42 and I was able to find a nice wood set. Although I turned 70 a few days ago I'm not sufficiently informed about anything to offer advice. By the way, I have a nice old double trigger Model 21 and I was talking to a friend last night about rifle barrels. Where might I get some? Would 416 Rigby too large for a Model 21 12 ga.?
My next safari will be for buffalo and it seems the hunt should be done with a double rifle if possible. But the price of a double rifle to fire one (hopefully) shot is tough to swollow.
Posted By: Bill Petersen Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 08:32 PM
Greetings John! Read daily, post rarely...way too many knowledgable people here for me to offer a novice opinion.
By the way, when I read your tag line: Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1...I think of Sean Connery everytime..I assume I cant tell the two of you apart.
All the best
Bill
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 08:38 PM
Jes' back from a few days of squealin' tires down HiWay 7 and the "Pig Trail" in Arkansas. Tryin to catch up on all I missed.
Always lurkin!!

Ken
Posted By: Arctic Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/25/07 08:47 PM
Always back at school, learning the 3 c's, ...., checking, carving', and chokin'.

First real snow-dump last nite.

~Arctic~
Posted By: John Mann Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/26/07 06:49 PM
I'll bet that someone has not checked in today.
Best,
John
Posted By: MCA Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/26/07 08:43 PM
John, I am still here, but between my boys baseball, working with the 7 month old pup, and hunting season starting up, I don't have the time I used to.

Hope all is well with ya brother!

Michael Allmand
Posted By: Chuck H Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/26/07 10:15 PM
Just back from SD, so I missed the rolecall notice. I'm always around.
Posted By: LeeS Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/26/07 10:30 PM
I don't count.
Posted By: TwiceBarrel Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/26/07 10:41 PM
Hi John got to the party a bit late as usual.

You might want to know that Mr. "L's" 16 gauge VH will get a little action in just about two weeks. It's not my go to gun but it gets it's fair share of the action.
Posted By: Lizardbreath Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/26/07 10:58 PM
Hello Folks; I'm here couplea times a week lurk in order to find golden nuggets of wisdom...but alas have sorrowful few to offer others....Art
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/26/07 11:13 PM
I'm here with 485 posts, great board!
Mike
Posted By: Mike Foley Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/27/07 12:43 AM
Often here but seldom post. The few things I know, others know better.
Posted By: pittypatdugan Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/27/07 04:23 AM
I watch a lot, but have asked a lot of questions

PDD
Posted By: TwinBBL Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/29/07 03:11 AM
Regret not being able to keep up here -- or shooting.. Been a year of losses & change.
(even missed a cut, re-blued Parker .410 for $400; and at same $, a beautiful Webley .455 to seal the luck..!)

Tom
Posted By: Bodson Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/29/07 07:47 AM
Here almost every day for reading and learning.
Posted By: Mike Armstrong Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/29/07 03:20 PM
Hi, John! I'm now at Seal Beach, CA (just inside the "OC") full time, and would be missing the NY grouse season if I weren't so busy on the CA "honeydews".... But I managed to get all my hardware out here in one piece (brought them with me across country in a Jetta with wife and two cats--what a great country; what a TRIP!).

Still read this forum every day and recommend it to people who ask doublegun questions on other forums I read.

regards, Mike Armstrong
Posted By: Montana Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/29/07 04:50 PM
All good in Michigan.
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/29/07 05:00 PM
I'm here. Alive and well. Was off chasing pheasants when the roll call started.
Posted By: Olgrouser Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/30/07 03:59 PM
Ya I still fumble through about once a week or so.

I gotta admit some things have changed over the years on this board...
Posted By: Chasseur d'ours Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/30/07 08:32 PM
Present and accounted for!
Posted By: Sven Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/30/07 08:39 PM
John: I stop by every week or so when I get a chance... still very much in the learning mode. Enjoying the Meriden thread as I have one.

I would have posted earlier but was off hunting. The new (to me) GR2 12 worked very well on pointed roosters.

Bryan
Posted By: tunes Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/30/07 08:45 PM
Here I am. Don't post much, but look at the site a couple of times a week.
Posted By: olddog Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/30/07 09:10 PM
Hello John,

Just back from South Dakota for pheasants and duck. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: BobbyD Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/31/07 01:51 AM
Hello John,

Been traveling, but back in New York now. Have added fancy walnut stock and fore end to the beautiful Winchester Model 25 you were so generous to donate to the Katrina raffle. It is truly a delight to to handle. We seem to have a banner grouse year here in New York and Pennsylvania. Can't wait to get out later this week.

Cheers,

Bob Dalke
Posted By: parris Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/31/07 01:56 AM
Hi John:

I haven't had much time to post lately due to family and work. As always I look forward to your posts. Heck I haven't even gotten out this year yet!

Parris
Posted By: Larry S Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/31/07 02:16 AM
Hi John, I've been out every weekend since the opener. Woodcock in my area are down a bunch,grouse are up a bit.
Posted By: gwp rich Re: If here, count off !!! - 10/31/07 12:48 PM
I am here, I always read, rarely send, Rich
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/01/07 02:36 AM
Just back tonight from a 10 day duck/goose/hun/sharptail hunt up in Canada (Sask). Count me in as an everyday reader and sometimes poster...Geo
Posted By: SxSshooter Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/01/07 03:40 AM
Check in almost every day, the wealth of information that can be found here is truly awesome.
Posted By: Theprofessional Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/01/07 06:23 PM
Check in several times a day to see if anything catches my eye if so I post.
Posted By: gordon g Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/01/07 06:31 PM
Everyday reader and sometimes poster. I learn a lot here.
thanks
Posted By: Pablo Pincemin Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/01/07 09:20 PM
Hello all.
My first post. I read a lot, but the language barrier and the lack of knowledge don´t let me post anything.
I live in Argentina and I selling some of my fly fishing equipment to buy a good SxS or O/U shotgun.
Lot of crap is selling here, but perhaps I can buy a decent Berreta , Browning or Spanish gun.

Regards.

Paul
Posted By: John Mann Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/01/07 10:38 PM
Welcome Pablo:
We are happy to see you here as our newest member from the real South.
As far as language goes, we have members from Russia, India,Finland,France,Ukraine,and many other places where English is not a first language.
Please do not hesitate to post. You see, there are many of us that are native born in the US, but have trouble with English as well.LOL
Best,
John
Posted By: Jag one Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/02/07 01:05 AM
Hello John, I check in every day and post when I believe it would be beneficial to others. This is a good forum with a great bunch of folks. I hope it continues along the same path! Bruce
Posted By: Pablo Pincemin Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/02/07 01:31 PM
Thank John for your warm welcome.
Regards.

Paul
Posted By: cloffe Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/02/07 01:37 PM
I check this site out a couple of times a day.
Posted By: Jose Fernandez Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/02/07 09:45 PM
I am just another double barrel "nuts" like you, only difference is that I am "south of the border".
I read this forum almost every day, but only write once in a while.

Best regards,

Jose
Posted By: Ironman5 Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/03/07 02:15 AM
I'm guilty of reading more than posting. But that's because I'm always amazed at the vast ammount of double gun knowledge that is available to the members here. I've posted before about things I didn't have full information about and promptly received my lashings with a wet noodle. I love to read here, but am always hesitant to post unless I'm certain I can add accurate and useful info. Thanks,
Posted By: DeeKay Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/03/07 02:52 AM
Howdy John and all, Dan K
Posted By: shep Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/03/07 11:05 AM
Last time that I checqued I was all here. Let me do so again, yep, all here.
Posted By: Chicago Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/04/07 02:19 AM
Frequent reader, post from time to time. Many at this site have forgotten more than I know.
Posted By: rabbit Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/04/07 12:01 PM
Yo John Mann. Been lurking on this one.

jack
Posted By: Hal M Hare Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/04/07 12:18 PM
Hare here!
Posted By: eeb Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/04/07 06:41 PM
Here, and glad of it.

Ed Blake
Posted By: C.R. Sides Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/04/07 08:35 PM
here
Posted By: TomGresham Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/04/07 10:04 PM
I'm here . . . . now and then.

Been busy shooting video of . . . . shooting. <grin>

http://www.guntalk.tv

Tom
Posted By: CraigF Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/04/07 10:20 PM
Present!
Posted By: NJdblgun Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/05/07 12:26 AM
Hello - I dont post too often, but read alot. My last post was in honor of General Paul Tibbets. You all are a great source of information, knowledge and experience, Thanks.
Posted By: cgs Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/05/07 01:04 AM
Check in frequently, contribute when I can.

Best,

Dan
Posted By: DaveB Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/05/07 03:29 AM
John, I post from time to time. I am mostly guilty of just lurking.

Dave B
Posted By: Tuomo Re: If here, count off !!! - 11/05/07 10:46 AM
Still alive, but quite busy these days for new apartment and old job. I will come back...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com