doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 01:18 PM
Lets see some pictures of guns from some of the long standing members. Its the dead of winter for heaven's sake, and we're right in the middle of the fireplace and easychair season.
We all could use some good cheer.
Have the non-picture posting members been advised, by counsel not to do so?
I think we can be trusted!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 02:21 PM
Ky Jon keeps promising pictures.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 02:26 PM
Not sittin' in the hall anymore eh, glad to have you back j0e.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 03:28 PM
I'll actually be doin' some picture taking today but for now a few of my 1939 Nimrod Drilling, 16x16 over 8x57JR (.318 bore).

Posted By: Brian Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 04:46 PM
FOX 20 Ga BE. I know, I have to get rid of thet damn white line pad. one of these days!!

Yes, I know its a redo or at least it looks that way to me. But, how many 20 Ga BE's have you seen and how many of thsoe have been for sale? I wanted a BE in each gaguge and looked long and hard for this one. It isnt perfect but why limit myself to pretty much the impossible of an untouched gun with tons of condition in a price range I can afford (aint no such thing that meets all of those criteria. ) But at least I have a representative gun of the grade in the gauge I want. ALso have the 16 and 12 in BE 12 is Straight Grip, lettered) !!!

Posted By: Geno Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 07:04 PM
Recoil Rob,
7,8 mm mark stands for 8x57JR, when 7,9 mm stands for 8x57JRS.
Your Nimrod drilling originally made for 8x57JR.
Posted By: CJO Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 09:30 PM
Latest additions to the ever growing collection of shootin' irons!!

Greener F20 12 bore,.....20 bore Diana, 28"..3"mag

CJ
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 10:36 PM
L-R, Mark Gruber, 12 bore Lefever "EE". Chuck Kribs (aka last dollar),10 bore Lefever "E". Joe Wood, 12 Bore Lefever "G". At "Hunters Ranch",opening day Pheasant season-2007.

Posted By: crossedchisles Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 10:41 PM
Claudio,Should'nt take you too long to cut that"Limey Flat-Top Chequering" into nice sharp"Pointy-Top Checking"! Then that '"Old F 20'Brummi Box-Lock Greener" will look'Reel Purrdy',Beautiful Belg. Engraving on the O/U, is it signed?..cc/dt
Posted By: CJO Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/20/08 11:14 PM
I couldnt do that to the old F20,...would probably cause the old dead guy who cut it to roll in his grave!...Just ordered Monte's book like you suggested,the F20 will be good reference
Diana is engraved by J. Baerten

Cheers!

CJ
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/21/08 12:07 AM
OK. So, I know this is an old question, but how do you post a picture on here? I could probably do it but I have never learned after all this time.
Posted By: Craig Larter Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/21/08 12:11 AM
Here is my new Parker DH ordered Halloween, 1918 Nice dog in think
Posted By: Birdawg Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/21/08 12:23 AM
Come on Brian quit teasing us post them photos.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/21/08 12:36 AM
I don't know about those three old coots, but great pictures of your guns!
Posted By: crossedchisles Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/21/08 01:53 AM
C.J.O. I spoke in 'Jest'...Flat-Top is a seperate'Art-Form' in the"Little-World" of stockmaking!!As I said when we spoke on"Bell",The tool is made a little differently, cut the inside with a square needle-file after the hack-saw cut,but polish the inside sufaces so that its smooth going over the tops of the cut-lines.....trev-tip#32'do it yerself stocking.'Stay Between the Lines..cc/dt
Posted By: Brian Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/21/08 04:15 AM
which ones do you want to see
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Cat burglars - are we? - 01/21/08 05:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Geno
Recoil Rob,
7,8 mm mark stands for 8x57JR, when 7,9 mm stands for 8x57JRS.
Your Nimrod drilling originally made for 8x57JR.

Gentlemen, as usual Geno is correct and I,
a. have too many guns and can't keep track of them, or
b. don't get to use them enough.

Geno's post made me nervous as I had bought 200 rounds of ammo,, sighted in the gun and took it hunting 5 years ago. I went and checked my records and found that when I was younger (5 years ago) I was astute enough to actually slug the bore and purchase the correct ammo, 8x57 JR (.318).

Thank you again Geno, for reminding me that sometimes I'm not as smart as I used to think I was.

Rob
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com