doublegunshop.com - home
Went to the show here in the local area yesterday. I can't remember ever seeing that many people at a gunshow. I had to drive around for close to 45 minutes just to find a parking spot, them wait in line to get in. Inside were large crowds with plenty of sales going on. Found what I was looking for, made my purchase and left.

Combination of the nice weather, fear of the upcoming election, or a combination of both?
The future holds for trouble in the streets - a good time to buy that antique and keep it someplace safe, warm and dry.
In those ahead times, it'll put a bird on the table, and keep the fox from the coop, so to speak!
Al, sorry I missed you. Our little group of double gun guys share three tables in the same location every show, about 75 feet straight back from the coffee bar. Give me a shout before the next show and maybe we can meet face to face. I will not be at the show today. I turned my table over to an Izaak Walton League display. Bill Murphy.
Bill,
Did you spot any Lefevers at the show?
I have not made it to that show or any gun shows other than the MACA show in Timonium in a looong time!
Did you or any of your gun buddies attend the auction at the Howard co. fairgrounds last week? They had some interesting guns(C Daly single Trap w/gold inlays, Henry Aiken cased SLE, 8 bore English ??). I went to the preview on the friday before but couldn't make the sale.

Fritz
Bill, sorry I missed you today. You are right, none of the usual suspects in your usual spot. Did have good chats with our shooting group. Couldn't find a SXS that I couldn't live without, but our friend from Mid-South had a custom Mauser .338 built in British Safari tradition which went home with me. I am thinking Eland this summer. Best, Joe
To GSP. Yup, went to the auction. I would be interested to know who bought the heavily gold inlaid Lindner single barrel. I briefly looked at the Webley 8 gauge but didn't have nearly enough time to consider bidding. I hear it made reserve and sold. Too bad I had a scheduling problem that made it hard for me to bid. The only gun I had examined closely enough to bid on was the Comblain Belgian single shot 11 MM rifle which was probably the best one in the country, maybe the world. However, I had no idea what it was worth and I let it go for a very low bid. The new owner must be very happy. I would buy it from him at a good profit if he would like to sell it. Oh, well. Murphy
Joe Taylor, sorry I missed you. I gave my table to a local IWLA group and bailed out in time for church. Many members of our pigeon club were in attendance Friday and Saturday and a good time was had by all. I bought a nice hammer gun, sold a couple of nice guns and missed all the good stuff that others brought home. Who built your new rifle? I am always on the lookout for an early custom, especially U.S. made. Murphy
Bill, What hammer gun did you buy?
Not sure Bill. Nothing on the barrels but the package was very, very well done. Will take it apart sometime next week and see if any indication under the wood (which is also very, very good).
Don't get excited, Kevin. It is a fairly high condition, low mileage Husky top lever, Model 15 (woops, Model 51 according to Ken, the importer). These are the best chance for someone to get a fluid steel hammer gun to shoot for very little money. Double under lugs, Greener cross bolt, trim little receiver. This gun is loaded up with color, even on the buttplate, about all the blue, still has the chasing marks on the breech face, all for $400. 29 1/2" barrels with .030 in both barrels, great modern stock dimensions.
I got to burn a shell or two through Eightbore's new Husky on sunday afternoon and it's going to generate more fun per $ than any gun at the show.

Jeff
Sounds nice Bill!
Bill, a small correction, I think the Husqvarna was a model 51.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com