doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gunut OT ..Voere 2165 rifle [Austrian] - 03/09/08 03:59 PM
I have a Voere 2165 30:06 rfle [Jaeger Sport importer] that I would like to order a QD Voere scope base for..All I could find when I purchased the gun in the early 90s was one in the raw and Gander Mt didnt do the best job of machineing and finishing it. So Id like to order one from the factory...would also like to order a extra detachable 2 round magazine..

They have the items on their web site but dont give any ordering instructions...I tried E-Mailing them about priceing and shipping but everything got messed up in interpretation...They give a list of dealers but none in the U S..

Any Ideas on how to go about this, if even possible??

Thanks
Posted By: Dave K Re: OT ..Voere 2165 rifle [Austrian] - 03/10/08 12:16 AM
You might try and post on the nitro express board as it seems to have a more international crowd.Maybe someone there could help.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT ..Voere 2165 rifle [Austrian] - 03/10/08 12:42 PM
Why bother going to that site full of little Englishmen (New Zelanders, Australians,.....)? This link plus the fact NECG imports some components made by them is about the best they're likely to do.
Look G, I had a wonderful German medium-bore rifle I wanted to buy 30mm mounts for, so I feel your pain. I found ERA set at price of CZ550 rifle with rings. I unloaded that .375 to bright-eyed American of German descent bought new CZ550 with mounts + extra 30mm set + new Kahles 'Helia' scope and had enough money left to buy ample supply of 9.3x62 ammo from Able's. The fist shipment is scheduled to arrive today via UPS ground. It's up to you, but I would do some brainstorming.
You know, sometimes there's nothing like a NEW classic lookin' rifle for which parts and components are readily available, and the CZ 550 'Mannlicher' 9,3x62 is the best blend of power vs. gun size/wt in CZ litter.
Posted By: Steve Meyer Re: OT ..Voere 2165 rifle [Austrian] - 03/10/08 02:07 PM
For the scope mounts, give NECG ( http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/ ) a call. They list EAW mounts for Voere rifles, and while EAWs are not inexpensive, they are excellent.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: OT ..Voere 2165 rifle [Austrian] - 03/10/08 09:26 PM
Gee, take a look at them $200 rings I will just stick with my $42 CZ 30mms. Those EAWs are very "Weidmannsheilish" with entirely toooo maaany scrrrews und bolts.
Well, at least G is blessed by having rifle in caliber with only moderate amount of recoil.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com