doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Steve Lawson OT Shipping Ammo - 03/13/08 03:46 PM
I may have to ship a few boxes of .380 ammo soon. What is the best way to ship it?

Thanks.

Steve
Posted By: Roy Eckrose Re: OT Shipping Ammo - 03/13/08 04:04 PM
I've never shipped any, but when I order it, it arrives via UPS, if that helps any.
Posted By: rwmckee Re: OT Shipping Ammo - 03/13/08 04:22 PM
it'll have to go UPS. at least Fed-Ex here won't take ammo unless you've got an account with them. UPS is easy anyway. box has to be marked:

ammunition
small arms
ORMD

last time i shipped any i had to stick a handwritten sticky label with "ORMD" on all 4 sides and the top but they usually don't make me do that, as long as it's visible somewhere. otherwise it's no big deal. they don't even flinch about it. but that's FW. there seems to be a bit of variety in what UPS will and won't do depending on where you are.

roger
Posted By: mike campbell Re: OT Shipping Ammo - 03/13/08 04:32 PM
I do it a lot by UPS. The US mail is illegal, but I've recieved it that way from auction sellers. That's because they ask if there's anything ...potentially dangerous?...but don't ask you to declare what's inside.

Those UPS "stores" won't even take barrels from me, but a bonafide UPS counter won't blink. Just tell them right up front that it's small arms ammunition, they'll provide an ORM_D label.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com