doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jason H St. Louis Shoot - 05/09/08 03:35 PM
For anyone in the St. Louis area...we are trying to get together several of us to do a informal shoot at the St. Louis Skeet and Trap Club. If we get enough interest, we would like to make it a regular shoot. John Butler is a member there and is spear heading the effort at the club.

We are looking at any of the weekends in June. If you have any interest at all in getting together with other SxS shooters...in the area of St. Louis, MO, here is your chance. Please contact me for more info. My email can be found in my profile.

In addition to that facility, I regularly shoot at Black Hawk Valley and would welcome anyone wanting to shoot to join me sometime.

Thanks and I hope to meet more of you at these upcoming shoots.
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/09/08 03:41 PM
If you boys get this together stop by the shot tower and tell them to ship me 50 pounds of #3. *wink*

DLH
Posted By: jerry6stl Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/09/08 05:35 PM
Sounds GREAT! Count me in.

I know several other SxS shooters at the St. Louis Skeet & Trap club that will likely participate. I'm also a member there.

We sometime shoot SC's up at Blackhawk. Too rainy this weekend.

Let me know the planned date.

Jason, I have two Elsies that Buck restored, to show you. One is an 1892 hammerless with twist barrels.

Jerry Goldstein
314-569-1481
Posted By: erik meade Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/09/08 05:48 PM
If Jerry's in, then I'm in. Just keep me posted on the date.
Posted By: Jason H Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/09/08 06:52 PM
Destry I saw your post on the need for some #3 Shot...always looking for you.

Jerry and Erik, I will get a date certain soon and we can go from there. Thanks for you interest. Jerry...been looking for you at Black Hawk, but our paths haven't crossed yet this year on that course! I have been waiting today for it to stop and if it does, I plan to go out there for a round. Can't wait to see your "Elsie's"! I think we very well may have a good turn out at this shoot. Seems to be quite a bit of interest with those I have spoken with and emails.

Stay tuned...more to come.
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 09:38 AM
And you know, somewhere around St. Louis there's a sack or two of the original stuff stuck away somewhere in a shed I'd be willing to bet. If only.....

Destry

P.S. My posting worked to a point, I got about 30 pounds of Lawrence #3 from two different sources. But to have some real St. Louis or even more Lawrence would be killer!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 09:47 AM
Maybe Lord Glenthorne will show up with his prized Beezley....(he's just a few miles away).
Posted By: shep Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 01:30 PM
Morning gentlemen, sounds like fun to me. If not working I would like to attend. Just post a date and we will go from there.
Shep
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 04:15 PM
Yep, Thornmeister lives short distance away. I heard he's a deadly shot! Must be from all that corvid shootin' eh?
Posted By: Jason H Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 04:51 PM
Mr. Glenthorne actually came up and introduced himself to me at the gun show back in March. So he does exisit! The more the better if you ask me...hope this works out where we can all meet up and enjoy some good company and some shooting.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 09:13 PM
Heck I might have to drive the 300+ miles to shoot against Lord GlenthOrne and his Beesley with my low'ly Scott.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 09:26 PM
Well j0e, you'd beat me no doubt in gunning, but I'd win the beauty contest!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: St. Louis Shoot - 05/10/08 10:29 PM
I bet if yOu wore yer tweed...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com