doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bill schodlatz Lead - 05/15/08 02:11 PM
I just checked the price of lead and it has slipped under $1/lb for the first time in a year. Is it time to buy?
bill
Posted By: King Brown Re: Lead - 05/15/08 03:28 PM
Any time I see a significant price reduction, I buy. Waiting for a bottom is for experts---and they aren't too hot these days.
Posted By: Hal M Hare Re: Lead - 05/15/08 03:57 PM
Shot is still $55.oo bag here at GM in Ohio.
Posted By: tubes Re: Lead - 05/15/08 05:46 PM
Still looks above 1.00 to me?
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html
Posted By: keith Re: Lead - 05/15/08 06:56 PM
I bought a plastic milk crate full of lead at a gun show this fall for $10.00. As it turned out, the deal included a hernia and lower back self test and coronary stress test. I passed the tests, but in future will pull my truck close to the door. I'd swear my arms and fingers streched and changed my L.O.P. requirements.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Lead - 05/15/08 09:47 PM
The price of lead is not a problem, its the lead free zones of the future. When you start burning three bucks a pop at the club, or public land - that'll be the problem.
Posted By: jerry6stl Re: Lead - 05/15/08 10:08 PM
The shot bags at Graf's in St. Charles, MO were $39.95 today.

JERRY
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Lead - 05/16/08 01:06 AM
Lead inventories will take time to reflect any lower prices in raw materials. Dealers with inventory that they bought when prices to them were above $40 a bag will not be selling that at much below cost anytime soon. Metal could go right back up and we have a very limited number of places to buy lead these days. SO I am afraid that the market will show us again that price tend to rise faster than they fall and any real major improvements in prices may be loan in the future. Plus I bet that factory shells are high priced to stay.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com