doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jim Legg Lead prices - 06/28/08 03:17 AM
Lead is under $.80 per pound. Anyone seen any drop in shot prices yet?
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 04:01 AM
Lead shot is dropping, but is is like gas prices. They go up in large amounts and slowly come back down. Dealers are in no great hurry to drop prices on inventory they already have unless they are forced to do so. All the lead in the system is at a higher cost so I would not expect to see major price drops yet. I look for a 60-90 day lag in shot prices. Problem is will lead stay low or is it going to rebound?

I bought several years supply back before it went over $12.00 a bag so I have been able to ride out the big price hike. Wife thought I was crazy to buy so much, but later came to understand my keen insight in lead future prices. Wish she saw my wall of empty hulls with the same wisdom. Oh well. In fact I have lent 40-50 bags to others so they could keep shooting and not have to buy the $40-50/bag shot. Seemed stupid to be sitting on cheap shot and not let others have some. I did not want the money and will be just as happy to get repaid in shot later when it drops down to more reasonable levels.

I am also looking a Bismuth prices and they have come down as well, but are still fairly high. The $5-7 a pound prices may be history in Bismuth but I hope not. My doubles like Bismuth and my supply is getting down.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 04:38 AM
My club has been selling it for $39.00 for a 25# bag. I heard at the Ohio State Trap Shoot they were selling it for $35.75 a bag. So, I would say it is coming down. I guess now that the Supreme Court ruled in our favor the dems gave it up as a lost cause and decided to lower the price by not sending it all to China.
Posted By: jerry6stl Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 11:41 AM
GRAF's in St. Charles, MO recently reduced the price of shot to $37 per bag -- from $40 last week.

JERRY
Posted By: King Brown Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 12:51 PM
Rising metal prices are becoming the new norm. They're going up and will be staying up with minor market fluctations from time to time. According to market gurus, Americans may see $7/gallon gas within two years. Canadians are seeing that now. We've seen the best of it, friends. Brace your feet for shocks.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 03:03 PM
I still haven't seen a bag below $45 here. I'll check this afternoon.
Posted By: Katie and Jessie Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 10:08 PM
I was in Omaha this week and at Guns Unlimited it was 35.00 a bag. Wish I could find that price in Dallas. They also had a Parker GH that was very,very nice for sale. Number 2 frame and 30 inch steel barrels. The screws were unmolested and there was some case color still there.

Regards, Gordon
Posted By: Samuel_Hoggson Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 10:11 PM
I haven't seen a drop yet. But prices are no longer rising. $39/bag is the current price.

Sam
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Lead prices - 06/28/08 10:34 PM
I believe Gene Sears in El Reno, Oklahoma has begun selling it at $34.00.
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Lead prices - 06/30/08 06:14 PM
Just checked in our local Sportsman's Warehouse today. They've dropped from $49.99 to $42.99. That's a start.
jl
Posted By: JM Re: Lead prices - 06/30/08 08:46 PM
I got some for $35 per 25 pound bag a few weeks ago.
Posted By: mike campbell Re: Lead prices - 07/12/08 01:07 AM
Locally now $34.50 for Lawrence magnum, $31.50 for Eagle (Peru).
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Lead prices - 07/12/08 01:28 AM
Hit .70 on the LME and is now back to .90
bill
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com