doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Franc Otte Bill Wise - 04/13/12 01:30 AM
I always thought Bill "owl-eye" Wise was a hell of a fine , brave man.
I bought my first real Gun off him , a 32" Francotte...that got me started.
We had some E mails before n after the Gun, I sent him an Irish Tweed cap, when I was over there.
He sure deserves a plot with a nice view here, smile
bless you Billxxxx
Franc
Posted By: PeteM Re: Bill Wise - 04/15/12 05:24 PM

Pete
Posted By: eightbore Re: Bill Wise - 07/29/13 05:48 PM
The pictures under that of Bill and me are at the Vintage Cup in Milbrook, New York the year Ben won the Hammer Gun event with his Greener Royal, I believe. One picture is in the big tent, the second in the courtyard with Ray Poudret and friends. In the second link, under the tribute article, the scene is at Pintail Point in Maryland, I believe. Pintail is where Ben Wise was employed for years before his move to Florida.
Posted By: rabbit Re: Bill Wise - 08/16/13 09:53 PM
Thanks for the pix, Bill. Bill had a strong mind, a good heart, and absolutely the WORST jokes. Still miss him.

jack
Posted By: eightbore Re: Bill Wise - 08/22/13 12:02 AM
Thanks, Jack. The pictures from Pintail Point seem to be missing now. I don't know what happened to them or the tribute article.
Posted By: Stallones Re: Bill Wise - 11/18/13 02:04 AM
I bought a couple of nice guns from him,but he also introduced me to some of the
Greatest gunnies and bird hunters ever . RIP Bill, you were one of the best !
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Bill Wise - 11/18/13 03:58 AM
Bill Wise was one of the main reasons I began my own following of this BBS. I am honored to own a small part of his library...Geo
Posted By: eightbore Re: Bill Wise - 11/21/13 02:29 PM
Take a look at Bill's website, "billwisesurfs.com". It tells his and Rosalie's story well.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com