doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dave Weber For the talented few...Please share! - 07/14/15 02:20 AM
Building from scratch, refinishing, or just a simple repair of a Double Gun or other sporting firearm in an appropriate and proper manner is a true talent.

I encourage you to share your DIY gunsmithing experiences and accomplishments with rest of us who sadly are lacking those abilities.

Thank you all for your participation.

PS - Don't forget to tell us about your tools and fixtures too...I love gadgets!
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 07/14/15 02:05 PM
Good man Dave for going with this!
This could be great.
I'm only a reader n asker here....but I really hope the answerers will keep it nice n friendly...there may be several ways to do the same job...will be nice to hear them all in a civilized manner..I guess we will see how it works,eh?
Cheers to all
Franc
Posted By: rog8811 Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 12/23/15 01:46 PM
I hope this is the kind of thing you want to see smile

There is a back story to it, one of the subjects I teach is fire lighting and I want to show the kids as many ways as possible to go about it.
I tried to buy a flintlock tinder lighter kit but no one seems to sell them any more, decided to build my own, first I did a bit of Googling for ideas and came across pictures of, what was a common practice way back when, once the barrel was unsafe to use pistols were converted to tinder lighters.
There was one picture that came up that really appealed to me where the barrel was slit and hinged! As I also do pirate birthday parties I realised I could hit both sessions with one piece of kit.

I purchased the lock and the basic trigger guard, the rest I did myself.

I have got it to the point you see, trial assembled ready for a bit more fetttling, over Christmas I will hopefully get it finished. I need to sort out the spill holder and some char rope then see if it works.
As all my machine tools are still in storage this was accomplished with basic hand tools and elbow grease. cool
Posted By: rog8811 Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 01/01/16 07:24 PM
There doesn't seem to be that much interest in the above but here is the finished item and how it works.

https://vimeo.com/150258739
Posted By: xausa Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 04/17/16 03:06 PM
Well done! It looks as though the spi9ll snuffer was made from a rimmed cartridge case. Am I right?
Posted By: skeettx Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 04/17/16 06:36 PM
WOW!!
What a sparking good time!!
Thank you for sharing
Mike
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 09/08/16 03:51 PM
I love tinkering with the tattered old relics that I'm drawn too yet I'd forgotten all about this site. I'd wondered why the main site had become so boring, now I know. The things I'm interested in are here.

Steve
Posted By: Jerald Ware Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 11/05/16 01:47 PM
Really a neat project.
I am encouraged as much by this as I am discouraged by those individuals w/o vision or interest in making "things".
Very nice gun this sight is not over populated so not many responses but you did a very nice job.
Posted By: John P Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 12/31/17 07:14 PM
deleted
Posted By: WRE1 Re: For the talented few...Please share! - 08/06/18 12:51 AM
I like it!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com