doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: pod source for sxs english external shotgun hammers - 06/10/16 10:16 PM
anyone have the source for external hammers? I used to have the info but lost it. I have a early sxs W.C.Scott hammer gun missing a hammer.
This outfit has many styles to choose from, but I seem to recall that they are very slow to ship.

https://www.blackleyandson.com

SRH
Thank you exactly what I was looking for. Have you delt with them?
I tried to call them once and never did get an answer, but I could have pursued it harder. That was pre-internet days. If you do a search for them here you can read of a couple of people who ordered from them and waited months with no reply or product. I'm not bashing them, just reporting what I've read.

If you do order from them we'd appreciate feedback. They do carry an extensive line of parts, etc.

Good luck, SRH
They now take pay pal. I wonder if this makes a difference in their handling of your order?
Some here had received their orders in a little as two weeks. I wouldn't be afraid to give them a try, especially if they are the only game "in town".

All my best, SRH
Try Peter Dyson .
Gunmam:
How do I contact Mr. Dyson?
https://www.peterdyson.co.uk/
Beat me to it . Cheers .
Thank you all
Used both companies in the past,

Peter dysons I think keep a handful of each in stock and I have had new bits received within a week of ordering the hammers were fine easy to work and looked great.

Blackleys I think cast a couple of times a year and when you place an order you are added to the cast, this is fine except I did have one hammer fail to cast, blackleys let me know this had happened but I did have to wait till the next cast; this is the problem when there are two shops in town and only one of them sells the right product for you. I waited a long time and when the castings finally showed up I would say they were a higher quality product, even once annealed the steel was definitely harder; lines crisper ect.. that being said while trying to punch my holes to square two homemade ( poorly made no doubt ) punches went in square and came out round... we got there in the end.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com