doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SKB Sight repair - 01/05/20 01:06 PM
Not double gun related but a Best quality Rigby .275 Mauser but I thought some of you might find this interesting.

Ready for micro welding. More pics this week as the restoration is wrapping up. I will post a full thread on the rifle in the single barrel forum as things proceed.
Posted By: craigd Re: Sight repair - 01/05/20 05:09 PM
How about that, someone thought a Beech sight was a good idea. I suppose, don't throw it out, it might come in handy for something else.
Posted By: Colonial Re: Sight repair - 01/05/20 08:10 PM
It may in fact be a good thing?
Many British rifles had a large "moon" sight for night shooting, and I have seen photos of a patented flip-up sight protector, same idea as a Beach?
Posted By: SKB Re: Sight repair - 01/05/20 08:21 PM
The Beach sight was not original to the rifle. A very kind forum member provided me the build sheet on this rifle and it originally had a solid ivory front sight. I did not know that until after I had fit up the new Recknagel front sight insert.
Posted By: mark Re: Sight repair - 01/05/20 11:42 PM
Well done!
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Sight repair - 01/06/20 01:04 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I really appreciate the gunsmithing contributions from Steve, Mark, and others. Fine gunsmiths and classy guys.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Sight repair - 01/06/20 02:35 PM
I like that sight. Nice work, Steve. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: keith Re: Sight repair - 01/06/20 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson
Thanks for sharing that. I really appreciate the gunsmithing contributions from Steve, Mark, and others. Fine gunsmiths and classy guys.

Yeah... classy indeed!

Originally Posted By: SKB

Next time I will take pictures of every step of the process so those among us who rode the short bus to school can follow along as well.

Almost as classy as running continuous advertising of a gunsmithing and gun importation business when you know Dave Weber's feeling about using his forum for self-promotion:

Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
For Sale section…

#1 - I have always provided latitude to members who have been courteous enough to ask prior to posting for sale ads. This would include those who personally sell DGJ collections, Ithaca Model 37's...et al. As I feel these are legitimate sporting items and/or fine firearms. I would expect the same fee if the listing was successful and honestly all the members who have ever asked first then posted have been more than honorable in their commitment to the terms of the for sale section. I prefer the preponderance of ads to feature SxS guns and rifles…so long as the “Other fine Firearms” and related are in the minority I have no issue with them being in the section. For that matter I can light up another forum with related items but there don’t seem to be enough of them to warrant the change.

(Random rant thrown in below just because…it’s true….Or, at least I think so.) I have always been pissed off by commercial ventures who feel the BBS and its members are worthwhile for their advertising so long as it’s free….Apparently only their time and products are worth money where as my time and my product is not….go figure.

Thank you,
Dave Weber
Posted By: SKB Re: Sight repair - 01/06/20 07:51 PM
And a little tease of the rifle, very rare transitional model 98, intermediate length small ring. The only commercial rifles Oberndorf ever sold in this configuration went to Rigby, Chapter 19 in the Speed Sporting Rifle book describes the rifles.

Posted By: keith Re: Sight repair - 01/06/20 08:30 PM
So Stevie, when your continuous free advertising of your gunsmithing and firearms importing business, or your offers do do gunsmithing work in your posts generate business... do you compensate Dave accordingly?

Internet doxxing is pretty classy behavior too Stevie. When you, BrentD and Bob Cash conspired to engage in internet doxxing, you all knew that posting such information of the web could endanger the families of those you decided to attack. In fact, when I informed Bob Cash that I could do the same to him by posting his personal information including GPS coordinates to his house and even a Google Earth or Zillow picture of it, he went absolutely nuts and screamed that I was threatening his family.

He stopped immediately, but you continue on with your slimy attempts to intimidate me. How's that working for you? Acting innocent now isn't going to work. You made your bed...
Posted By: SKB Re: Sight repair - 01/06/20 09:43 PM
And a very rare DWM 1902 Mexican action, also a intermediate length small ring action. This will be a custom rifle built to the same pattern as the Rigby. I may keep this one when I finish it.

Posted By: keith Re: Sight repair - 01/06/20 09:51 PM

Holy Crap!... Talk about beat up and abused vises!

So Stevie, when your continuous free advertising of your gunsmithing and firearms importing business, or your offers do do gunsmithing work in your posts generate business... do you compensate Dave accordingly?

Internet doxxing is pretty classy behavior too Stevie. When you, BrentD and Bob Cash conspired to engage in internet doxxing, you all knew that posting such information of the web could endanger the families of those you decided to attack. In fact, when I informed Bob Cash that I could do the same to him by posting his personal information including GPS coordinates to his house and even a Google Earth or Zillow picture of it, he went absolutely nuts and screamed that I was threatening his family.

He stopped immediately, but you continue on with your slimy attempts to intimidate me. How's that working for you? Acting innocent now isn't going to work. You made your bed...
Posted By: SKB Re: Sight repair - 01/10/20 09:12 PM
Andy ready to blue

Posted By: keith Re: Sight repair - 01/11/20 04:48 PM
Andy ready to blue

The black girl who cleans the offices at work has buckle strap shoes just like yours Stevie... except hers are cleaner. If she posted here, she probably wouldn't feel right doing continuous free advertising at Dave's expense. I think she has too much class to do that.

DON'T FEED THE FREE ADVERTISING GUNSMITH
Posted By: mc Re: Sight repair - 01/15/20 05:25 PM
Looks good I had a dwm Mexican mauser in 6mm rem it was a good light rifle do you have a picture of the rigby?
Posted By: SKB Re: Sight repair - 01/15/20 05:28 PM
I have before pics on the Rigby Mark, should have completed ones in a week or so. Started the rust blue yesterday. The DWM polish is coming along nicely, a bit more to do before I barrel it and build sights.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Sight repair - 01/15/20 07:17 PM
Steve,

In my drawer of STUFF I have a Mexican Mauser action with a date of 1931. Was this a later run of the 1910's built in Mexico?
Posted By: SKB Re: Sight repair - 01/15/20 07:20 PM
I am pretty sure you are correct Rob. This Rigby in the shop inspired my interest in the small ring intermediate actions and I am still learning about them. They can be made in to a nice slim rifle.
Steve
Posted By: SKB Re: Sight repair - 02/01/20 12:20 AM
Posted By: keith Re: Sight repair - 02/01/20 12:50 AM
Well Stevie, if you were after the non-reflective uneven military type finish, you almost nailed it. Is that dust, dirt, or pitting around the solder joint? How could you post this only hours after being so hyper-critical of a couple specs of dust on this superb rust bluing done by PA24?

Did you do this, or is this more of the work that you have told us that you sub-contract out to someone else?

It took quite a while to finish this. You might have more time to get your customers guns completed if you and your pals weren't spending so much of your time digging for dirt on me.

Originally Posted By: keith
Don't bother even trying to fish for more information, until you answer my questions first Stevie.

Oh I have more information on you that I have never posted. I am not looking for more.

DON'T FEED THE FREE ADVERTISING GUNSMITHS
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com