doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 82nd Trooper Davis Certified Shotgun - 09/20/20 01:29 AM
I'm trying to locate the sear spring for this sxs. It's a square shape wire spring that acts upon both sears. If I could post a pic I would but haven't figured that out yet. On the l/s of the frame is written:

Davis Certified Shotgun
Crescent-Davis Arms Corporation
NORWICH, CONN USA

Any help to locate this spring would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott
Posted By: Hammergun Re: Davis Certified Shotgun - 09/20/20 11:49 AM
Check Gunpartscorp.com.
Posted By: 82nd Trooper Re: Davis Certified Shotgun - 09/20/20 03:01 PM
Thanks Hammergun for your response.

And I should've been more informative in my post about places I've already tried. I'm still learning the best way to communicate when I post.

I've tried Gunpartscorp, Jack First, Gungaragestore.com (great source), and ebay. Making this spring is not in my skill set but I wish there was an option.

Any other input out there so I can finish this repair and put this on the sell rack for other shooters to enjoy.

Scott
Posted By: damascus Re: Davis Certified Shotgun - 09/20/20 04:36 PM
This may be not what you want to here springs for select not so common and older types of guns has always been a problem, from what you have said it is probably down to making the spring yourself. It is not as bad s it may sound, lots of help on how to make springs on YouTube and other internet sites.
Posted By: 82nd Trooper Re: Davis Certified Shotgun - 09/20/20 06:56 PM
tntfiles.com

Here is the spring needed.
Posted By: 82nd Trooper Re: Davis Certified Shotgun - 09/20/20 07:07 PM
Damascus-thanks for the reply and I hope to doesn't come to that.
Posted By: 82nd Trooper Re: Davis Certified Shotgun - 09/20/20 10:40 PM
Damascus-thanks for the reply and without an existing spring I hope that's doesn't have to be.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com